Chapter 2

People started to notice a change in James, it was a good change that everyone wanted to see. He knew this was the start to getting out of prison. Each day, the depressed look slowly turn into a happy look.
"James, we need to speak to you" The policeman said.
"Yes, what would you like?" James said curiously.
"It is about the disappearance of Tom. We looked over CCTV surveillance and it shows him speaking through the cell door then he went. what do you know?"
He paused for a while. If he told the police about Tom then Tom wouldn't be happy, If he lied to the police it could get him into serious trouble.
"I can tell you what happened officer. Tom came and asked me to come and escape with him. I said no because I know that is the wrong thing to do."
The police officer replied. " do you know the plan?"
James handed him the plan slowly. The officer stood for a moment to look at the plan in detail before heading off to follow the plan. For the rest of the day I sat on the edge of the bed, thinking about Tom. He could be injured by now and all because of me.
The next day, everything changed for James. This day could be the difference between being in prison or being released. The moment he had been waiting for had finally come. The court made the very tough decision but they felt it was the right one. Later that day, James started to pack his things. The memories of 48 years shot through his mind as fast as lightning. He would miss Tom but he just couldn't wait to see his family. Despite the fact that James killed his father and a girl from his school, he knew deep down his family still loved him.