Chapter 28

Shoutout to:

erinpethick ❤️

Gia slumped back into the common room, determined on going straight up to her bed and forgetting about her terrible deed. But Draco was still awake when she arrived, sat on a chair by the fireplace.

"Hey" she greeted him feebly, taking a seat opposite him.

But instead of greeting her back Draco just glared at her, before getting up and sloping off. Gia's heart plummeted to her feet. She knew Draco was up and down with people, but they were friends now. What was his problem?

Too tired to figure it out, Gia stomped off upstairs, sighing as she went.

"Rosy?" Gia whispered, after an hour of tossing and turning.

"What" Rosy mumbled back.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Go to sleep, G".

"Do you think Beth is pretty?"

"Who?"

"Beth Rudders. Year above".

"The Hufflepuff girl?" Rosy paused. "She's ok I guess. Not ugly but a bit...bland, I suppose".

Satisfied with her answer, Gia let out a "hmff" before rolling over and eventually falling into a deep slumber.

At breakfast Draco didn't speak a word to Gia. Didn't even look at her.

"What's up his ass?" She frowned at Blaise.

"Fuck knows, G but it's Draco, I wouldn't take it personally".

It was hard not to when Draco decided not to take his usual seat next to Gia in History of Magic and sat five rows ahead of her, not turning to look at her once.

After nearly a full day of silent treatment, she couldn't take it any longer. She cornered him on his way back from quidditch practice.

He was wearing his green training jumper and carrying his broom over his shoulder with ease, and Gia silently cursed him for looking so good. She stood in front of him, crossing her arms and tapping her foot.

"What do you want" he scowled at her.

"What the fuck is the matter with you!" Gia cried, "why are you mad at me? I haven't done anything!"

Draco brushed past her.

"I don't know, G".

G. Somehow calling her by her informal name made him sound more distant than ever. And then he said something that made her blood run even colder.

"Why don't you come back when you're drunk and sad, then maybe I'll be worth your time". He faced her, eyes blazing.

"How, how did you-" Gia began feebly,

"- how did I know?" Draco laughed sarcastically, "next time you feel like chatting shit about me go somewhere more private than the fucking library, Gia".

She tried to ignore the ferociousness in his voice and gather enough words to reply,

"look, Draco I'll tell Beth it was a lie! I'll fix it I swear".

Draco came to an abrupt halt, and Gia had to stop herself from bumping into his back.

"Beth?" He said incredulously, "you think I give a damn about what Beth thinks?"

Gia had nothing to say back, she had in fact believed that was what the problem was.

"You are so, unbelievably stupid, Gia" he told her coldly, and then he left, leaving Gia alone in the empty hallway.