Curse

My name is Willow Parks and I am cursed. That seems like a wired way to start of the story, but it will have to do for now. When I was little I had an obsession with plants and from a young age I was very skilled with plant magic, but my fathers didn't care about that. They decided that I was going to follow their steps and join the abomination track but despite their orders, I still practiced plant magic behind the scenes and continued to full fill my dream of becoming the most powerful plant witch on the Boiling Isle. I trained everyday and night, I started of by blooming a flower from a seed  to combining a variety of plants to create an unstoppable mutant. But after a couple of years they found out, and decided that my punishment would be harsh. Using the small bit of Oracle magic they knew, they summoned a demon, a demon to ruin my life with a curse.

"If thou is seen using the magic of trees, summon thy demon and she shall pay her fees!"

This means that the next time my fathers catch me using plant based magic... well, I'm not sure what they will do but I don't want to know... now ever since that day I confined myself from the world, bearing no friends except for my-

"Willow! Willow! Luz let me borrow one her human objects! Your supposed to plug into your wall and it should produce heat, they call it a radiator!"

"Gus can you give me a second, I'm monologuing."

-yet I vowed to save myself from my parents curse one day-

"Gus be careful with that radiator, I'm afraid it might be too big for your cute little body. Oh, Hey Willow!"

"OK you know what, I'm done."

"Done with what Willow? Wait, are monologuing about your feelings like I told you to?!?" Luz gasped shaking me back and forth.

"Yes and it's defenitely helping." Gus and Luz have known about my curse for a while now and whenever I feel like using plant magic, they make sure that nobody's around to see. They've also been trying to help me out any other way they can and I truly couldn't be more grateful to have friends like these.

It was currently lunch time so we headed to the hall to end our hunger. That's where we met Amity and sat down at one the tables to eat the lunches our parents had brought for us. "Ummm... is this food safe for humans to eat?" Luz looked concerned at the food that Eda had packed for her.

"Yeah it's safe" said Amity, assuring Luz. "Just as long as you have two hearts, three eyes and... Willow look out!" I turned to my left, only to see and feel a slimy substance being poured onto my head. I fell off my chair in surprise and began to wipe my eyes with the sleeve of my uniform while the laughter of the other girls rang in my ears.

"That's a great look for you Willow!" Skara chuckled as she knelt down to meet my face.

"Yeah, maybe you should wear it more often..." giggled Amelia as she poured the rest of her drink onto my head.

"Leave her alone you jerks!" Gus shouted as he stood in front of me.

"Oh, and what are you going to do about it. Your too small to do anything."

"That may be true! But Willow won't settle for this, right Willow?" Luz retaliated.

"I..." I couldn't muster any words. Even if I tried to say anything, would it really be worth it? They wouldn't stop until they had completely ruined my life.

"Leave her alone girls, we wouldn't want to waste our energy on a single lunch time. We can continue at the end of the day when we think of some better ways to have "fun" with poor, little half-a-witch-Willow." There she was. The one and only Boscha. Pretty, smart, popular, she was the girl that everyone wanted to be. "Come on, we other business to handle..."

After they left I felt a wave of nausea wash over me. I wanted to go home, but home was even worse. So I retreated to the bathroom to tidy myself up. Once I got there, I made sure the bathroom was empty, took as many tissues as I could carry and began to wipe my face and head over the sink. After I was done I looked into the mirror to catch my own reflection. "Ugh, what an ugly mess." I muttered. I'm not very happy with the way I look, from my dumb glasses to the annoying purple uniform I have to keep wearing. I truly wish it was green...

I was about to leave, but I heard a voice behind me. "Willow..." I didn't even have to turn around to know that it was Boscha behind me. "What are you up to?"

"Wiping off the stuff that YOUR friends poured onto my head!" I said snapping back as I turned around to meet her gaze. Even if Boscha sucked, I still envied her. She was pretty, rich and got to choose what magic she studied.

"I truly pity you Willow," She said walking up to me. "So I'm inviting you to my party tonight. You can bring as many friends as you want, as long as you show up."

"Really, she's inviting me to her party just because she pitied me?" I thought to myself not breaking eye contact.

"Think of it as a chance to connect with people and show them what your really like. You don't need to tell me your answer now, I'll know if you accepted my invitation from whether you show up or not. Hope to see there!" And just like that, she was gone.

The strange thing is that, even if Boscha invited me out of pity I still wanted to go. This would be good for me and the others to unwind. Oh gosh, I'm actually going to a party with Boscha.