A Party to Remember

Willow POV

"Why are we here again?" Gus asked as he arrived at the door.

"I have no idea." I said trailing behind. Me, Amity, Gus and Luz had all dressed in the most deluxe clothing we had lying around in our closets (which were the outfits we wore at Grom). We, or I, had decided to attend Boscha's party that night but we all had no idea why. Boscha has always been mean to the most of us yet here we all were at her door. Were we here to make friends and socialise or was it out of pure kindness for inviting us in the first place.

"Well, I can smell food in there so I already know that I'm going!" Luz rang the doorbell and it felt as if the whole had shook with its vibration. We only had to wait a couple of seconds until a laughing Skara opened the door who immediately dropped her smile when she saw us.

"Hey... um... what are you guys doing here?" She blocked the doorway.

"Boscha invited us so we decided to come ." Amity said steeping towards the entrance trying to get in, it was obvious that she just wanted to get inside.

"HA! That's real funny, but I doubt that Boscha would actually bother to invite-"

"Oh trust me, I did invite them." Skara moved away from the doorway to turn around and that was enough for us to see Boscha inside with her arms crossed. "So I would suggest you move out of their way." With no further words Skara moved out of way, allowing us into the party. The other three entered but I stayed behind a little, taking my time while walking through the door. That's when Boscha grabbed my arm and looked directly at me. "So, you actually decided to come?"

"Yes, I did." I said releasing my arm from her grip. "But I didn't come for you."

The party continued as any other party should continue, a bunch of unsupervised kids partying until at least one of them passes out. There was food and drinks being served on an array of tables and toilet paper being thrown by other students across the ceiling. The once pink couch had been coloured a light magenta by the cans of strawberry soda spilled on it and the fish tank had broke leaving the fish flopping around for dear life. I scooped them all up in a hand full and brought them into the kitchen, which was surprisingly empty. I poured some water into a glass bowl and placed the small fish in there and watched them swim around happily for a couple of minutes. 

When I had satisfied myself I looked out into the rest of the house from the kitchen and found out that Boscha's parents were extremely smart. There were shelves and shelves of books and potions all around the house and the occasional award certificate hanging on the wall. I joined the other's back in the living room as we struggled to hear each other over the booming music. "I think we should go!" Luz shouted which still only made her  sound a mile away. "The food here isn't as good as I thought!"

We all nodded in agreement and began to walk out the door but Boscha cut us off. "Where are you going? The party hasn't even started yet!" She exclaimed taking a sip from her soda.

"We're going home Boscha! And the party might not be over for you, but it is for us. So MOVE!" At this point I was annoyed, I didn't like going to big parties and I just wanted to go home. Boscha and I had a stare down while the others watched in an awkward silence. Eventually Boscha gave in and moved out of way.

"Ok then, party-pooper." She sighed. I would've told her off a little bit if I had the chance, but all of sudden there was horrified screaming behind us. Someone had knocked down a shelf of potions in Boscha's living room, and the liquid from one of the broken viles had poured out onto a small fly on the ground. The liquid mutated the fly turning it a massive winged beast which caused havoc around the house. People screamed and ran outside as I struggled to make it out with them. The now 8-foot-tall-fly was causing  chaos among the streets as students ran for their lives in every direction. I reunited with my friends outside and we contemplated on what to do, should we help defeat the creature or do we leave the scene like nothing ever happened? That's when Boscha found us again. "You guys go, I'll handle this! You witches are obviously too weak to help deal with mess."

Oh it's on. There was no way I was leaving now that Boscha had called me weak, of course I was going to try and prove her wrong. Boscha smiled at me as she began to chase the creature down, her smirk making me want to prove her wrong even more now. Luz, Amity and Gus followed behind Boscha while I waited in the street. I attempted to call an abomination to my aid, but it fell to the ground and melted into a puddle. It was no use, I wasn't going to get anywhere by using abomination magic. But in Boscha's front yard I saw a group of small flowers blooming, this could be my time to shine. I brought the flowers towards me using my plant magic and tied them around my waist, I then used them to lift me up in the air and to help me travel towards the others. 

Within seconds I caught up with them and they looked up at me from below. "Willow you're faster than us, you go ahead! Just make sure you're not caught!" Gus exclaimed as he waved to me. I nodded in approval as I sped up my pace. Soon enough I was directly above the creature, looking down at his disfigured body. I caused some roots to rise from the ground in an attempt to trip it over and slow it down but it jumped over them with ease. I then decided to create a cage around the creature, but it released its wings and flew up into the air and charged at me. I managed to block it with a couple of vines, wrapped some around it's waist and then launched it into the ground.

It rested for a while struggling to get up, but the others had already caught up and Boscha poured a flask of white sap onto the fly causing it revert back to its original size. Cheers of praise erupted towards me and Boscha since we were the ones who did the most work. "Nice job Willow, maybe you're not as weak as everyone makes you out to be." She smiled. She attempted to put her arm around me but I backed away before she could, making her frown a little. 

I walked towards my friends as we continued to make our way back to the street so that we could head home and get some nice, well deserved rest. 

"WILLOW PARKS!" But a voice caused us to freeze in out tracks. I recognised that voice well enough to know that it was my parents. "WHAT DID WE TELL YOU ABOUT USING YOUR PLANT MAGIC!?!"