not as beautiful as you- anne 👩🏻‍🦰

you have been best friends with anne ever since she first came to avonlea. she was your best friend. she was different from the other girls in school. her hair. her determination. everything about her made you smile.

you wake up in the middle of the night to loud sounds coming from outside. you walk over sleepily through your spacious room. you look down and see a familiar red head throwing rocks at your window.

opening the window, you whisper yell, "ANNE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? ITS FIVE IN THE MORNING!". "i couldn't sleep of course! also, i just wanted to see you. wanna go on a walk?", anne said.

a walk in four in the morning?! she's crazy. but she's YOUR crazy friend. you thought for awhile. ~i will get in quite a bit of trouble with mother and father. oh well. as long as i get to be with anne.~

you sigh. "sure, why not.". anne dances around , happy that you decided to come. you slip on a knitted sweater over your pajamas. you slowly and quietly walk out of your room and down the stairs. looking behind you, you open the door to see anne right in your face.

"oh my gosh! anne shirly cuthbert! why did you do that?!", you whisper making sure you don't wake up your family. anne walks out from the door frame giggling. you quickly slip on a pair of shoes and catch up with anne.

you two walked for a while before getting to a little hill. you smiled remembering this is where you and anne first hung out. this is where you both go after school together to just talk about random things.

you both layed down on the green grass that goes on for miles. for a few minutes, it was just silence. but not the awkward kind. it felt comforting and relaxing.

you quickly sit up and look at anne. "so you wanted to see me? what for?". she looks at you. she doesn't answer you for awhile. just staring into your e/c eyes. "y/n, your eyes are glorious. i could just stare into them for the rest of my life.". you get butterflies in your stomach.

you've never felt this way for anne. it all just suddenly hit you until now. you give anne a soft smile and lay back down.

"wow. the sunset is beautiful!". colors of blue, pink, and yellow were painted all throughout the sky. anne looks at you with love in her eyes.

"y/n, it is but not as beautiful as you.". you look at her and decided to be bold. you sit up and grab her face. you hesitated for a quick second but then, you smashed both of your lips together. butterflies erupted in both of your stomachs. you both pulled away, smiling from ear to ear. you took her hand and admired the sunset together.

———————————————————————

hi guys! i hope you enjoyed this short story! please let me know if you have any requests on who or plots to write! also, this is my first story so please be nice! have a great day :)

word count: 529 words