Chapter 1: To School

Alright, some things first.

The title of the book isn't Undecided but until I come up with a good title it will stay.

Ryus' character and past will change significantly since I realized that I have no idea about depression or mental scars and I don't want to make others feel bad by asking them about it.

Either way, I hope that the time I forced you, unwillingly as I might add, to wait will be worth it.
_______________________________________

To say that I am excited for the IS Academy would be an overstatement. I am happy to see Chifuyu-nee again but I will probably be annoyed as hell because of Ichika and the girls at the school.

But how did I get to this point? There are two things to answer that question. First, my sister Saya is credited as the second-best IS pilot just after Chifuyu and we soon discovered that I could use an IS, but after the death of our parents in an accident, an accident that took my left eye, she decided to keep it a secret and so only two people do know besides my sister and me, those are Chifuyu Orimura and Tabane Shinonono. The second reason is related to Tabane, she wanted to make me a special IS, what she meant I don't know, I was too focused on the pudding she brought with her.

Either way, I am sitting on a train that is driving straight to the academy listening to my music over a Bluetooth headset, and looking over the sea.

'I wonder if Ichika is still acting like a dense idiot? I am sure that he will get into a lot of trouble because of it if he still does.'

My thoughts are cut short when the announcement comes that the train has arrived and as I get off I am welcomed by none other than Chifuyu.

Being a former IS-pilot she is of course in very good shape and I admit that I had a small crush on her when I was younger but she has become more of a second older sister to me.

"Ryu, you are already too late," she says looking me up and down before ordering me to turn around so she can inspect if my uniform is proper before continuing to speak, "but at least you can dress properly."

"Yes, Chifuyu-nee, I am happy to see you again and yes I have been well," I say as she just stares at me with a look that could make a drill-sergeant shit himself before she pulls me into a hug I gladly return, although my cheeks heat up because I am only 5'1feet so my face is pushed into her breasts.

"I am happy to see you again too, but in class, you will call me Miss Orimura, clear?" she orders although she phrased it as a question, "and take the headphones off."

"Of course, Orimura-sensei," I reply and follow her into the building putting my headset in my bag.

The way to the classroom is silent beside our steps although I am wondering what my classmates will think of me. I am fairly short, at least compared with Chifuyu, Tabane, or Saya and the latter two always say that I am like a doll, I am not sure whether that is a compliment or something else.

As we arrive in front of the classroom Chifuyu looks at me and I admit to fidgeting with my hands, I can't stop it and it's a quirk of mine.

She asks me if I am nervous and I can do nothing but nod. I was never in a classroom, much less around a large group of people.

Without another word, Chifuyu opens the door and enters to be greeted by another woman with short green hair and eyes of the same color, nearly similar to my own eyes but still different.

While I wait to be called in I remember what my sister told me.

"If you are nervous, try to act like Chifuyu and create an air of professionalism."