𝐨𝐧𝐞

Tamsin made the groupchat, adding a few numbers of the people living near her listed in the phonebook found on the floor in Walmart (and the number of her girlfriend Jaida, obviously.) Nothing could go wrong, right? Just a few extra friends that seemed to be around her age, hopefully. And so the first message was sent, a 'funny' image added for shits and giggles.

helo

A yellow icon appeared next to her message, meaning that someone saw it!

margayret2 Hi, who is this?

chaoticarsonratminecraft my name is arson

Jaida Her name is Tamsin. Not Arson.

chaoticarsonratminecraft how could you

margayret2 Judging by ur name, ur jaida right?

Jaida Yes.

Tamsin felt this rush of excitement. New friends! New friends were great! But that immediately got shut down when this person joked about wanting to die. So it was going to be this type of friendship. That's fine.

violathebird hey guess whos' here and wants to die as usual

A few people typed and then deleted. Tamsin could feel the awkward energy coming off the screen. Big yikes.

chaoticarsonratminecraft haha mood but we've never met u so we cant guess??

Jaida Don't

chaoticarsonratmincecraft ok so!! who are u!!!!] also please dont do that!!!!! or spoiler it!!!!!!!!

violathebird fine, who are you to tell me what do do anyway?? im violet :/

Tamsin felt a sinking feeling in her stomach. She already didn't like this person. She glanced at her girlfriend to see if she felt the same way. Jaida was on the other side of the room, looking at her phone uncomfortably.

"Um-" She hesitated.

"Hey Tamsin, does this person- um,- never mind." Jaida muttered.

"What, are they making you uncomfortable?"

"Well, it's not that, but it's absolutely that."

chaoticarsonratminecraft can you maybe stop being an asshole we just met jeez

violathebird sorry I'm just dealing with a lot rn

Jaida That's alright????

The situation was already tense. Tamsin shut off her phone and looked at Jaida, who looked back. Staring contest??? Yeah that didn't last long. Tamsin kept getting spammed with notifications. Apparently this guy named Jeremiah who called himself Jee for short was friends with Violet. Somehow.

A little kid named after a fucking cartoon ghost was sending memes. This was a great idea. Ignoring all of the bad things, it really was. There was also this girl who was kind of an asshole yelling at Casper, they were probably siblings. Everything was going to hell, but that's ok. Hell is ok.

"Tamsin, why would you do this? I don't like it here. They're weird," Jaida said. She, for one, was not very happy about this new change of events. She sat there on the couch in her blanket burrito unamused.

To that Tamsin replied with, "I don't know, it seemed like a good idea. And I was bored."

Her comment only sparked up another staring contest between the two. Tamsin checked her phone again. There were already twenty more new messages to read. They were about bridges and slushies at a seven-eleven. That won't turn out well.

"Can  my phone shut the fuck up. Please." Tamsin looked at her phone threateningly.

"Don't throw it at the wall again."

"I won't."