~𝕴𝖁~

Wilbur knew that the next two weeks would pass tensely. He and his son had their fair share of disputes, but this wouldn't be excused as fast as the others. Fundy had already begun making cold remarks whenever his father had something to say, and he knew those wouldn't be stopping.

Wilbur couldn't help to feel bad for the poor boy. After all, he was engaged to someone he didn't even know. But Wilbur was truly being honest when he said that the situation was in King Technoblade's control.

At the moment, Wilbur was alone on his bed, reflecting on a recent meeting he'd had with an old friend, and new ally.

Though the alliance wasn't anything that would change a war, he still knew that having the Outerlands on his good side was the best possible play for him, given what he had. Queen Niki had approached him first, which gave him the higher power within the alliance, adding to the good news.

Wilbur's main priority to attend to today was going to be talking with his son. Fundy was a stubborn boy, and everyone knew it. There wasn't a doubt in the King's mind that their discussion wouldn't be easy on either end, but he needed to try and help.

He glanced towards his knowing guard and loyal escort, Sir Quackity, and pivoted away. They walked through cold corridors until they reached Fundy's room. 

As expected, standing diligently in front of the door was the dutiful knight, Sir Purpled. That boy had always confused Wilbur. He was a mere 15, and a few months younger than the unofficial prince, Tommy. He'd been in the guard since he had just turned 14, and without any parental figure. Nobody truly knew much about the young knight, and whenever someone asked, he'd gracefully deflect, despite his status of few words.

Nevertheless, King Wilbur greeted the mysterious guard, as any respectable person. He walked past him and into Fundy's room.

Heavy guilt smashed into Wilbur's gut as he stepped in. Washed across his desk was sheets of scrabbled-across paper. Each one separate from the last he laid eyes upon. On the table, trays and dishes from when the boy had eaten alone. Clothes were offhandedly tossed at walls. It had been weeks since the last time Wilbur had been into his own son's room.

"Oh hello, father," Fundy said, a twinkle of ice on his tongue, as he scrawled in a journal on his bed.

"Fundy," Wilbur nodded with a hidden wince to greet his young son.

"-I assume you wouldn't bear news about..." The sarcasm leaked out of Fundy's voice and raw emotion severed it.

Wilbur silently walked to Fundy's bed, remorse in each long step. He cautiously sat next to the small boy, and wrapped an arm around his shoulders.

Wilbur's voice was meek in the response he dreaded his son knowing, "...N-no."

"I don't want to marry him, d-dad. But d'you think I can meet him, before the wedding, of course...?"

"Well, we're not on the best terms with King Technoblade, as you know, but I will request it."

"...Thanks."

With that, Wilbur knew their conversation had stretched as far as it could. He strode out of Fundy's room and back into the frigidly familiar corridors.

"Your highness, would you like me to send a messenger to The Empire and request Prince Dream's presence?" The knight escort, Sir Quackity, spoke up and sent echoes into the halls.

"Yes, thank you," Wilbur said, glancing at the relatively young guard. "...And, Quackity, just stick with 'King Wilbur' if you're so intent on titles," he finished with a warm smile.

The surprised guard grinned back, his chest puffed out from keeping a knightly stance.