4. Qualities

Daniel Reynolds

I was at a coffee house waiting for Kiara. I wanted to talk to her before our families officially meet and discuss our marriage. I want to make sure she isn't forced into this or is making a compromise. It's also her birthday tomorrow and her parents are throwing her a surprise party today. Her mom called me and asked if I could take her out for sometime so that they could quickly assemble the last few things left.

My phone rang, breaking me out of my thoughts and it was my friend Xavier, from Philadelphia. It must be a round 5:30 am there considering it's 4 pm here. What is he doing up so early? He's usually a very strict person when it comes to his schedule.

"Hello, Lover boy." He teased as soon as I picked up the call.

"Cut it, Xav." I said and he laughed.

"So, you're gonna marry the Indian girl, huh?" He questioned.

"I like her and I am ready to marry her but I just want to make sure she is saying yes wholeheartedly and not just because she has to." I said and that idiot wolf-whistled.

"What?" I snapped and he laughed again.

"Nothing. Carry on. I'm off to bed again." He said. "Okay. Good night." I joked and cut the call.

I glanced at the door of the café and saw Kiara walking towards me. She was looking so pretty even without trying. She was wearing a pair of denims and a long-sleeved top with heels and she could make the whole room stare. I stood up from my seat as she neared our table. I offered her a smile and she returned one of hers. Her smile is beautiful.

I pulled the chair for her as she said, "Hello." Once she was comfortable in her seat, I took mine and said, "Hi."

"So, you wanted to meet me?" She asked and I nodded my head.

"I wanted to know, are you gonna agree?" I nervously asked. Why am I nervous? God! I've never been nervous before while talking to a girl. Why does she make me nervous?

"Yes." She whispered so delicately that if I wasn't concentrating, I would've missed her word.

Immense happiness filled me upon hearing what she said.

Yes! I really want to marry her. She seems like that ideal person I wanna spend my life with. She's polite, she's independent, she's well-mannered and most of all, she's very respectful and loving. The way she talked yesterday at the table. She made sure I, Savannah and Mom are comfortable. She continuously offered us things and wanted us to have a good time.

The reason I agreed to marry her is mainly because of two things. 1) My mom and sister approve of her, which is a really big thing for me and 2) She has all the qualities I seek in a wife.

"Hello, Good Evening. What'll you guys like to have?" The polite waiter asked and we placed our orders. I ordered a black coffee and Kiara ordered a cappuccino.

Soon the waiter returned with our orders and now we're alone, free to talk.

"Kiara, this will definitely seem shallow of me to ask but I just have to confirm one thing." I said and she looked up, meeting eyes with me.

"Hmm?" She said and furrowed her eyebrows a bit.

"I just wanna make sure, you're agreeing to this marriage out of your pure interest. I mean, you're not forced into this are you?" I asked carefully. I sure as hell don't wanna offend her.

"Why'd you think that?" She asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm absolutely ready to marry you but I don't want you agreeing to this if you don't want to marry me." I said.

"The reason I've agreed to marry you is because you have what I want in my husband. Without any pressure. I don't have a boyfriend and it's time for me to get married. I'm seizing a good proposal. My 'yes' isn't forced." She said and a smile unknowingly made it's way on my face.

"What about your bakery?" I questioned.

"I've decided, I'll work there as a chef for sometime and once I get enough money, I'll open my own bakery there. My cousin and my business partner, Riya will take care of my current bakery here." She said and I nodded.

You think. No way in hell will I let your potential go to waste like that. A plan quickly cooked in my head.

Wait and watch, Coraźon.

~ Kiara's Outfit ~

QOTD: If you could, where would you travel to, right now?