chapter 2

y/n

the girls refused to tell me where we were actually going for dinner, but honestly i didn't mind. on the way there we blasted music and i couldn't help but stare as mangle screamed the wrong lyrics of a song playing. i chuckled at the sight and in response she looked at me and gave me a face. which, just made me laugh even more.

"whaaaat?" she did this thing where she'd pout and cross her arms.

"nothing, just. you don't know the lyrics at all." i laughed. "look, watch me." i said before starting to sing some of the lyrics of the song playing. i winked at her and watched as her lips twitched into a smile and her cheeks turned pink.

"okay well- i was having fun so fuck off." she huffed, going back to screaming lyrics she of course didn't know.

soon enough, we pulled up to the parking lot of one of my favorite dine-ins. it was small but busy - the food and service was amazing there normally. we got out of the car, chattering and laughing because t-bon didn't know the difference between a waffle and a pancake. marionette teased her a lot for that one.

"hello! how many?" the lady at the front desk asked us, reaching her hand over to the menu box.

"four." mangle held up her hand to show four fingers. i started laughing; it reminded me of a toddler saying 'im this many!'. she looked ridiculous.

"shut up." she whispered aggressively, nudging me with her elbow.

"okay, okay." i giggled.

we followed the lady who sat us towards the back of the restaurant, where there weren't too many people. it was busy, like always. i sat with mangle and t-bon and marionette sat together. they're basically inseparable, those two.

"the star lesbians of the table!" mangle announced, shaking her hands as if she we're presenting something.

"the two heteros of the table!" t-bon playfully said back, coping mangle's tone of voice and hand movement.

that got us all laughing. god i loved my friends. they're basically my family after knowing them for so long and spending so much time together. i love them more than my own mom.

"hello i'll be your waiter for today! can i get you started with any-" i look up and see Chica as our waitress. she was looking at mangle. it's like at first she had seen a ghost, but her expression changed. she rolled her eyes. why was she so upset to see us?

"tell me what you want to drink please." she said sharply.

"uhhh... i'll have a coke please." i said. i turned over to mangle, and whispered "want me to order for you?" while the other two ordered their drinks. she nodded at me. i glanced down and saw her hands we're shaking, and her eyes looked glossy and i noticed her leg bouncing too. i took one of her hands in mine.

"it's gonna be okay. what drink?" i asked softly, before telling Chica what mangle wanted.

Chica then stormed off with her little note pad and pencil. what was her problem? i haven't seen her in forever and last time we talked, we got along. maybe she's having a rough day from the restaurant being so busy.

she came back with our drinks, and extra waters as well.

"are you ready to order your food or whatever?" Chica asked, crossing one of her arms over her chest and holding the notebook impatiently. we all ordered our food, but i had to order mangle's stuff again since she didn't look like she was feeling well. once Chica walked away, i turned back to her.

"are you okay? is something wrong?" i asked gently, i didn't want her to think i was upset about her not feeling okay. she has a habit of over thinking.

"yeah, yeah, i'm okay. don't worry." she gave me a faint smile before shaking out her hands and turning to the other two.

"c'mere," i jerk my head to the side, lifting my arm as an invitation for her to come closer. her cheeks flush and i try not to smile. she darts her eyes to my open side and to my face, confused.

"you've been out the pizzeria for this long, and you don't know what i'm implying?" i giggle. "lean against me, if you're okay with that."

"ohh," she giggles too, scooting closer to me and leaning against my shoulder. i wrap my arm around her, rubbing my thumb up and down on her arm.

"you guys are so cute." t-bon chirps.

"oh shut uppp," mangle sticks out her tongue at the girls across the table.

soon enough, chica comes by again with our food. while setting up the table to hold the big plate of dishes, she glances over at me and mangle and rolls her eyes and scoffs. seriously, what is her issue? she starts handing out our food, to me, t-bon, and marionette. but once it's time to hand over mangle's plate, chica takes the dish close to her own face, looking right at mangle, and spits in it. right in front of all of us.

"okay, that's it." marionette suddenly stands up. "this is your JOB. we are no longer in the pizzeria anymore. you can't act like this. you get money for this and we haven't spoken in forever. so get your flat ugly little ass back into the kitchen, take off that stupid apron and uniform, and quit, why don't you? because if you wanna act like that, you don't fucking deserve a job." she pauses to catch her breath, and to move from the table to right in front of chica's face. "oh, and for the record, just because all of us have found a life out here in the human world, doesn't mean there's anywhere for you. you don't belong anywhere besides the hallways and rooms of the filthy pizzeria. it's almost as filthy as you." marionette aggressively points at chica, before huffing and storming off to find what i'm assuming is the manager of the restaurant.

"that was kinda hot- ow!" t-bon whispered. i kicked her leg under the table.

"not the right time," i mouthed.

chica scoffed, "you're all so pathetic. she's the issue here," she says as she points to mangle.

"she's the issue? do you not remember when you tried to fucking kill her?!" my voice began to raise. both my hands were in fists, and my body was shaking. i couldn't stand this bitch treating mangle, or any of my friends, this way. "you're a monster. a stupid chicken who i should've never let out to the world!"  i didn't even realized what i had said, or the fact that i was yelling, until i looked around to see the entire restaurant looking at me. everything was quiet.

wow, well that's embarrassing, i thought. i cringed and slid down in my seat.

chica went to go run off, rubbing at her eyes, but her manager and marionette showed up.

"get to my office, now. we will be having a chat." he states, his brows furrowed.

"yes sir," chica squeaked, running off to the back.

"i am so terribly sorry for the experience my employee has given you this evening. for my apology, i will not be charging you for your stay."

"thank you, thank you so much." i say, putting my hands together, shaking them up at him.

"i think we should get going," t-bon says, collecting her things and scooting out of the seat.

i help mangle get out of the seat, but as soon as she went to stand, her body was shaking. she had to hold onto the table to stand.

"okay, okay. it's okay, let me carry you. is that okay? can i carry you?" i ask softly. she nods at me before i pick her up, holding her legs as she faces me, wrapping her arms around my shoulders.

we walk back to the car, relieved to have gotten out of there. t-bon and marionette make conversation to try and lighten the mood, but i can't stop worrying about mangle. she's still shaking in my arms.

i hope she's okay.

a/n:

heyyy, sorry it took so long to get a chapter two out. i'm dealing with a lot right now, so it's kind of difficult. i hope you all are enjoying the story! love you all, have a wonderful rest of your week. i hope you all americans had a good thanksgiving as well. until next time! <3