꧁ 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎 ꧂

𝚂𝚊𝚏𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

Alyssa woke in the back of a moving car, her head on someone's shoulder.

She blinked tiredly, looking around she realized she was in the back of the band's car or rather van with her head on Luke's shoulder.

Smiling, she curled into his side.

Alyssa had fallen asleep a couple of minutes after they drove away from her old house after she yawned and Luke brought her closer and told her to try and sleep.

Luke looked at his little sister and chuckled with a fond smile. "Morning."

Alyssa blinked up at him with a tired smile. "Hi." She greeted knowing it was not morning. "Where are we going?" She asked curiously taking her head off his shoulder and looking around she found Ashton driving, keeping his eyes on the road, Calum in the passenger chair with his eyes on his laptop, he seemed focused and Alyssa didn't want to interrupt, Michael was on her left, his eyes on his phone and earbuds in his ears, he was playing a game by the looks of it.

"Well, we're going to look for a new place around here so you don't have to change schools—" Alyssa winced at the mention of her school making Luke frown, making a note to ask about that later, "but until we find something, we got a couple of hotel rooms for all of us." He explained.

Alyssa nodded biting her lip as she looked down at her lap. "I'm sorry for bringing all of you into this." She told him softly.

Luke's frown deepened. "You're my sister, Aly, and you're their sister too." He told her, "You didn't do anything wrong. We would have gotten into this no matter what."

Alyssa nodded, staying silent.

Luke sighed, looking down at her despite her hiding her face, he pulled her into his side, only relaxing when she relaxed, curling into his side.

"We're here." Ashton called as the car slowed to a stop as he drove into a parking spot.

Alyssa took her head off Luke's shoulder where she had once again been resting it and looked around, her eyes widening in awe.

When Luke said hotel, she didn't expect this.

The hotel Luke had told her about was at least ten stories tall and was a nice clean white with lots of windows and balconies on each room. It was clear just from looking at it that the place was expensive.

"You ready?" Luke asked from beside her, his seatbelt already off.

Snapping herself out of it she realized Ashton and Calum were already out of the car and it appeared that Michael and Luke were waiting for her, or Luke was anyway, Michael was unbuckling his seat belt.

Nodding, Alyssa forced a smile. "Yeah, course." She responded, unbuckling her seatbelt swiftly.

Luke nodded and got out of the car to let Alyssa out as well, Alyssa got out just as Michael did, meeting the others at the trunk of the car to get their luggage.

"Hey, Aly." Ashton and Calum greeted in unison.

"Have a nice nap?" Calum teasingly asked.

Alyssa rolled her eyes. "Yes, in fact, Luke's a good pillow." She responded without missing a beat, watching as Ashton opened the trunk.

"You sleep like a rock." Luke replied with a chuckle making it clear that he was merely teasing.

The sleeping like a rock thing was new, Alyssa had actually been a very light sleeper, never being able to sleep well at her mother's house, she usually slept easier when Luke was home but even then she was never considered anything but a light sleeper.

Alyssa rolled her eyes with a grin as she grabbed one of her bags from the trunk, the boys had one suitcase each it seemed, each varying in color from simple black to a bright red.

Ashton grabbed her second bag as Luke grabbed her suitcase as well as his dark blue suitcase, Calum grabbed his gray suitcase next, then Michael grabbed his bright red suitcase, and lastly, Ashton grabbed his black suitcase.

"Did you guys already get rooms?" Alyssa asked curiously after they closed the trunk and locked the car, she decided to ignore the fact that they had once again not allowed her to carry much of anything out of her things knowing it was a battle she would surely lose.

Calum nodded. "I got some online during our way over here." He told her. "We just have to get our keys from the front desk, but I know the numbers so you can head straight up if you want." He suggested with a soft smile.

Alyssa nodded in acknowledgment. "What's my room number?" She asked not wanting to be around many people right now.

Calum scrambled to grab his phone from his pocket, quickly searching for the information sent in his email, "You're sharing with Luke." He told her knowing she wouldn't mind, if anything it would relax her. "You two are in room 318, Ash and I have the room right next door and Mikey has the one across from you two." He explained.

Alyssa nodded. "Sounds good." Luke responded knowing in one glance that Alyssa wasn't up for too much talking. "I'll go up with you." He told her taking Alyssa's other bag from Ashton and balancing it on her suitcase as Alyssa nodded.

Soon enough, Alyssa and Luke were standing in front of their hotel room door, waiting for the others to bring up the keys.

Michael had come with them, standing by their door and waiting for his key as well.

"So." Michael called, ending the silence between the three in the hallway, "We were thinking of taking you shopping soon, just for some basic things, new clothes and that." He told Alyssa who seemed surprised but didn't say a word of excitement nor displeasure.

Luke's curiosity was peaked, they had talked about shopping and he knew it was coming however he must have missed him talking about it more when he fell asleep for a little while soon after Alyssa. "Who's all going?" He asked.

"Us." Michael answered. "Ash and Cal are gonna stay back and look for a place while we're doing all the fun stuff." He grinned.

Alyssa looked over at the elevator as it pinged, opening to reveal Calum and Ashton with the key cards in hand.

Ashton and Calum spotted them with ease, walking up to them with soft smiles, they were all almost scared to frown in front of Alyssa right now, not wanting to scare her or make her think she did something and beyond that, they were genuinely happy despite how upset they were with Alyssa and Luke's mother, they were happy as long as she was and other than how tired and unwilling to talk she was, she seemed
pretty happy or happier at least.

"Two keys for you two." Calum said as he handed Luke and Alyssa each a key to their room before handing Michael his, "And one for you."

"Thanks." Alyssa mumbled, turning around she quickly unlocked the hotel room door and walked in.

Luke frowned at his friends before following his sister, setting her things down by the door. "Why don't you take the one by the window?" Luke suggested knowing she liked to look out the window, she always loved nature and despite how many things had changed he doubted that had.

Alyssa nodded, going over to the bed Luke suggest she sat down at the edge of the full-sized bed with a sigh.

Luke closed their room door upon seeing that his bandmates hadn't stayed in the hallway and had followed their lead, heading to their own rooms.

Turning back to his sister he sighed, noticing the tears rolling down her face with ease he walked over to her bed. "It'll be okay Aly." He told her softly as he sat down beside her, "You're safe now." He said almost like a promise as he wrapped an arm over her shoulder.

Alyssa nodded, letting the tears flow down her face as she smiled. "I know."

꧁ 𝟷,𝟹𝟻𝟺 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 ꧂