Chapter 6

Chapter 6 ~ Not It

They end up enjoying the rest of the day with each other. There's not a lot to do and they start to get bored easily. Owen had a knife in his bag so he decided to wield some sticks, whereas Bryar is trying to figure out some sort of shelter with Emily. Then Jett says

"Why don't we just go back to town, find a house and live there? We would also be closer to town and it would be warmer." says Jett

"We can't." says Capri

"Why not?" Jett says back

"Because those bombs were radioactive, and Capri knows it too." says Cole

"What? So." Jett says

"So, that means there is a good possibility that only half of them went off because if you were sitting there was a chain reaction so there are still a lot of them down there and they could go off at any moment and I would prefer not to be blown up." says Cole

"And that's why you wanted to go up towards the hills." says Asher

"Exactly." Cole adds.

"Jett you know this fantasy of yours of going home isn't going to happen right." says Finley.

"I know." she says.

Soon the sun sets and the moon rises. The stars are still not visible nor is the moon that night so the pitch black sky covers the forest with only the noises of crickets, and things that lurk in the forest.

"So who's getting the blankets tonight?" says Camron

"Ladies first." Nate says

"Alright I will take it." says Emily

"We have to find shelter soon because winter is coming and it's going to be cold to sleep outside." says Asher.

"Well here's the plan." Bryar start.s

"So I think I go to town next time with like 2 other people 1 person gets food, 1 person gets supplies, and one person can get things to build a shelter so we aren't cold at night." Bryar finishes.

"I say you send maybe 2 more down with you so than you can make the most of your trip and get more food." Owen says.

"I will go." says Nash.

"Me and Ivy can go too." says Capri.

"Nooo don't volunteer me for things that make me put effort into them." says Ivy.

"Come on lazy it will be fun." Capri adds.

"Alright that's 4 of us who else wants to come." says Bryar.

"Not it! I have to stay here because Jett, and Emily aren't going again and I'm not leaving two idiots alone." says Owen

"Okay then, I guess I will go." says Cole.

"K, then I'm coming too." Camron adds.

So that night they all slept not very well but they did get a good 1-3 hours in which was better than last night. 

The morning was like the last two. The sun rises above the trees waking the kids. The morning was cooler. There was a light layer of frost sitting on the tips of the tree branches, and covering the dirt. That morning Jett was the first up she sat up and her blond hair still looked perfectly done, with half of her hair pulled back and fastened with a hair tie. As she wakes up shivers are sent spiraling down her spine as she realizes it's cold out. Soon Ivy, Emily, Camron, Bryar, and Capri are all up. The boys still fast asleep. Capri takes her blanket and lays it over Nash, and Cole. Then Bryar takes hers and rests it on Finley, and Owen. They just wanted to make sure the boys where alright too. They wanted to look out for everyone. Ivy walks over to the bags of food and takes a handful of cereal to shove in her mouth.

"So what are we going to do today?" asks Emily.

"I'm not really sure?" adds Capri.

"You know we could try and make some sort of shelter." says Bryar then she adds on,

"When we go to town we could use some other things like sweatshirts, more food, and possibly some things to do like a deck of cards or something." Bryar finishes.

"Yeah we will go down to town tomorrow to pick things up." says Capri.

"That sounds funny, it's almost like you are talking as if everything was normal and we are just going to town to pick things up when really we are the last 12 alive. Kind of sad really." Emily says.

"Oh it's alright Emily, it's not that bad." says Jett.

"That's only because you made out with Finley in the forest Jett." Emily says back.

"Well...No it's just that... Well.... At least we are all together." Jett says, as red circles form on her cheeks. But no one can tell if its from the cold or if she is blushing. 

"Sureeee." Emily says back as she drags out her words

The boys are all soon up, they stretch and all of there hair is messed up and they have goosebumps going up their arms.

"When did we get the blankets?" asked Finley.

"Me and Capri gave you ours because we thought you could use it." says Bryar

They all get breakfast from the bags. Some grab fruit others grab some cereal. They are starting to realize how hard it will be to keep all 12 of them warm, and not hungry.

"Ugg I wish we grabbed a hair brush while we were in town." says Emily as she attempts to brush her hair with her fingers.

"I am already bored." says Ivy.

"It's only like early morning Ivy." says Asher.

"That doesn't matter." Ivy says as she sticks her tongue out at him and rolls her eyes.

Bryar walks over to a stick of wood, and looks up at the sky, she walks over to a sunny patch through the trees and sticks the pieces of wood in the ground. She soon starts walking around it making 12 ticks.

"What's that for?" says Owen.

"It's a sundial." Nate says before Bryar can answer.

"Exactly." Bryar says.

"It is about 8:30 ish right now." says Bryar.

"Wow that's cool." Jett says as she tilts her head to almost get a better look at it.

They all sit around the dying fire. You can hear the crackles, and the cold wind blows every once in a while, the kids scared the fire will go out again. They all huddle around trying to get warm but they are also bored.

"I say we go down to town there is nothing to do here we can pick off some things." says Camron

"I will go with you Camron." Cole says

"Alright let's go." Camron says

"Wait, wait wait." Bryar says as she stands up.

"If we are going to town we are one not going in a group of two and second we are coming to the group we had planned out so we can get food, a first aid, some sweatshirts maybe, and some games." Bryar says.

"Alright then let's go half of us can come the other half stay." says Capri.

"Capri, Ivy, Cole, Camron, and Nash. Let's go." Bryar says.

"Okay you guys go I will make sure Jett, and Emily don't do anything stupid." Owen says

"Just don't try to murder each other while we are gone." Cole says.

"You should be telling that to Owen." Jett says. 

As the six kids head down the hill.