A Dash of Courage ~ Johnny Cade x Reader

A/N: Hey guys, this cute little imagine was requested by the sweet @shipitorripit
I hope you enjoy this! Please feel free to request anytime in the comments or via dm.

~ Johnny Pov~

I have had a massive crush on Y/N for ages, every time I think I will ask them out, I chicken out. Y/N is hanging with the gang and I at the Curtis house, where the guys are giving me thumbs up and pats on the back as they pass me. Before they got here, the guys had been hyping me up, encouraging me to make the move today.
"You got this Johnny boy! They are into you too!" Two Bit cheered as he clapped his hand on my shoulder, Darry nodding in agreement, "He's right kid. Y/N adores you. All ya got to do is ask 'em out!"
Steve gave me a reassuring smile and pipes in, "If you wait too long, you might loose your chance. Just take your shot little man."
Ponyboy and Sodapop hum their approval of the other's words.
I soon agree and that's when Y/N walks in.

So here I sat with Y/N next to me;about to drop the question, I take a deep breath, "Hey, Y-Y/N? W-will you be my boyfriend/girlfriend?"

"I would love to Johnny Cade, I thought you would never ask!" Their chuckle at the end made my heart flutter. Hollers of excitement and approval echo through the small living room, an eruption the neighborhood probably heard from the next town over. A smile broke onto my face as I held the warm hand of Y/N my new boyfriend/girlfriend. It had a nice ring to it, I must say.

The rest of the day was spent being the best day of my life, friends that feel like family, food, games and of course my Y/N.

A/N: hey guys, sorry this one is so short! I felt like this one was a short and sweet kinda one. I'm hoping as I get more comfortable with the characters and how I want to write them, I will be able to get longer and more cohesive chapters. Until then, this is what I have to work with. I hope it's ok, I know I'm not the best writer and I actually type these up on my phone  because I normally can't access a computer.
Let me know if you want me to start putting pictures of the person/persons in the header that I'm writing a chapter for. Stay safe and have a good day/ night!