11

UZUME WATCHED HER LITTLE BROTHER stress at Zuko's words, "Why didn't you tell me about your dad's crazy plan sooner?"

Uzume placed a comforting hand on Aang's shoulders as she watched the way his forehead wrinkled with stress.

"I didn't think I had to. I assumed that you were still going to fight him before the comet. No one told me you decided to wait!" Zuko defended himself, irritated at the group for leaving him out. Uzume watched the two boys with concern in her eyes as she held onto Aang.

"This is bad." Aang cried out in despair, "This is really, really bad." Aang covered his face with his hands. Uzume stepped away from Aang, allowing Katara to comfort the Avatar.

"Aang, you don't have to do this alone." The girl spoke softly to her soulmate. Uzume felt Zuko wrap his arm around her as people gathered around Aang.

"Yeah. If we all fight the Fire Lord together, we got a shot at taking him down." Toph said smugly. Uzume nodded along with the short earthbender, "I won't let you do this alone." Uzume spoke firmly.

"Alright!" Sokka shouted, "Team Avatar is back! Air," Sokka pointed to Uzume and Aang, who looked at him unamused, "Water," Katara looked at her brother annoyed with her arms crossed, "Earth," Toph looked forward blankly, "Fire," Zuko also mimicked Uzume's unamused face, "Fans and sword!" He threw his arm around Suki, holding a large palm leaf in his hand, which he pointed towards Uzume.

Aang perked up into a better mood at everyones words as they looked at him endearingly, "Fighting the Fire Lord is going to be the hardest thing we've ever done together. But I wouldn't want to do it any other way." Uzume laughed and pulled him into a tight hug, followed by the others.

Uzume raised her head from Aang's shoulder and extended her arm to her boyfriend, "Get over here, Zuko. Being part of the group also means being part of group hugs." Zuko looked at his girlfriend hesitantly before joining the group in her arms. The hug was interrupted by Appa when he suddenly tackled them all to the ground, leaving them on the floor in a fit of giggles.

Uzume stood up with a soft smile on her face as she lowered her hand to Zuko. He took her hand and a moment, they stared into each other's eyes in content. Suddenly, Uzume felt a weight on her back.

"Alright, lovers, it's time for us to get to training." Toph exclaimed from Uzume's back, making the girl giggle as she twirled with the blinde girl on her back.

"Zuko, take a moment to train Aang some more, I have a feeling Sokka's gonna need help setting something stupid up." Uzume patted Zuko's cheek lovingly as she followed Suki and Sokka out of the courtyard with Toph on her back.

-

"Gather round Team Avatar." Sokka brought their attention to his strategically placed melon warriors, "In order to take out the Fire Lord, or in this case, the Melon Lord, our timing has to be perfect." Uzume tossed him a stick as he knelt down to draw diagrams in the dirt, "First, Suki and I will draw his fire. Then, Katara and Zuko charge in with some liquidy hot offence and while the "Melon Lord" is distracted, Aang swoops in and BAM! He delivers the final blow." Sokka drew a finishing line through his drawing, signifying the death of Ozai.

"Err... what about us?" Toph motioned between her and Uzume. Uzume nodded along, "Just cause she's blind and I'm new to this bending thing, doesn't mean we're useless."

Sokka pointed his stick at Uzume, "You guys are the opposite of useless, I just need you to be Azula and her friends." Uzume raised an unimpressed eyebrow at the boy, "They're my friends too."

Sokka waved his hand, "They're crazy," He then motioned to Toph, "For now, you're the Melon Lord's forces."

"So I get to chuck flaming rocks at all of you?" Toph jumped excitedly.