Friday

Harry's palms were clammy. He tried again to pronounce the rough latin. "em laetissimus!" the thick latin unnatural in his throat. He noted that the words were still a bit off, and sighed deeply. He was exhausted. One of the potions would be done that day, but the other two needed a bit more work.

This spell required a weird dance. Harry dreaded it, so he pushed it off as far as he could, but after he'd perfected this pronunciation there wouldn't be much else to do, until the potions are ready to be worked on again. But that wouldn't happen for another hour or so.

"Diem laetissimus!" he said again, this time the words bouncing off his tongue with ease. With a sigh, he opened the book with the spell studying the dance.

It showed a sequence of pictures. In the first, the lady stood in a T pose, then pulled her arms to her chest, resting them in an X shape, and bowed deeply. Then she let her arms drop. She swayed them back and forth three times, before grabbing onto her wand with her right hand, pointing it at her target. She squated with one leg, the other leg staying straight and going outwards. She then did the same with her other leg. Immediately after, she stood fully and fired the spell.

What a weird dance, indeed

Harry started practicing, but honestly he just felt akward. The movements seemed stiff when they're supposed to be flowy, and flowy when they're supposed to be stiff. He growled in frustration. He was able to do everything else! He was on tract on perfecting potions that Snape said seventh years had difficulty with! Not being able to dance should not and could not be the reason he died!

"What a lovely dance! May I join, Harry?" Luna's voice interrupted his monologue. She was not alone, though. Beside her was Ginny Weasley and, again Draco Malfoy. On second glance, Ron was also a part of their group, though he was standing off alone.

Luna started mimicking the movements Harry had displayed while Harry greeted his other friends. And Draco. "What're you all doing here?"

Ginny smiled. "We haven't seen you, like, at all this week! We've missed you."

Luna, mid bow, spoke: "Draco came too. He's my friend."

Draco flushed but have no rejection of this.

What an odd, odd pair.

Ron waved. He'd been strangely quiet. He sighed. "I'm sorry I haven't come to visit you much, mate. Me and Hermione, we're just... we don't wanna watch-"

"Watch me die?" Harry smiled. "I get it. It's gotta be painful to see me. But, Ron, have some faith! Even Draco and Snape think I can do it! Snape!" He sighed. Ron said nothing still. "Draco's came to visit me more than you. I know you think I'm stupid, that I can't do this. But believe me when I say I can!"

Ron cringed under the critism. Draco suddenly felt like he was intruding on something very personal. "Mate, I hate to break it to you," Ron snapped, "But it's impossible! Hermione thinks so too! She did more research on the potions, and there's zero wiggle room! You're pants at potions-"

"They're almost done."

Ron snapped his head toward Draco, who was leaning over the cauldrons. "What?"

"This one's two steps from being done. These ones a e pretty close, to," he locked eyes with Ron, "They're perfectly done."

Ron's face fell. No one spoke. Draco Malfoy defending Harry Potter? That was... unexpected. Ron shook his head. "Still. You can't do it." With that he turned on his heels, leaving the four in the library.

"Sorry about that, Harry," Ginny stared at her brother's receding figure. "He'll come around."

"That's not what the Kopplis say!" Luna, who was currently in the middle of a hand stand, (how she got into that position without anyone noticing is a mystery). "He's jealous because you're capable. That'll never change."

Draco snorted. "Couldn't expect more from a Weasley."

"Hey!"

They bickered, but Harry tuned them out. He was upset with Ron, and couldn't help but think that was Luna, and the Kopplis apparently, said was true. Ron always had been the jealous type... And he neevr seemed to understand that Harry didn't even like the fame! He loathed it! But Ron thought he basked in it. It always upset Harry how he thought that...

And then there's the matter of Hermione, who was probably just trying to think of this from a more educational standpoint. The potions and spells he must do were complex beyond comprehension. A feat that even Hermione might fail to achieve. If she apologized, Harry figured she'd be easily forgiven.

Ron, on the other hand...

"You're surrounded by Wrackaspurts, Harry!" Luna bookmarked and closed all the books he had open on the desk. "You need a break. Dance with me!"

"Yeah," Ginny grabbed Luna's hand, apperantly wanting her to dance with her, not Harry. "That weird spell thing was the worst dance I've ever seen. Let's get some proper grooves in!"

"But my work-'

"We'll leave you be after lunch! You'll still have plenty of time."

"But there's no music-'

"I can take care of that," Draco waved his wand, muttering a spell Harry couldn't make out, and suddenly their little corner of the library was alive with ball music. Harry was surprised that Draco would be on board with this. But then again he'd been surprised that him and Luna were friends. Draco was just full of surprises, wasn't he?

Ginny and Luna had already started dancing, Luna moving with unmatched grace with Ginny fumbled at times. Draco raised an eye at his expectedly.

Harry sighed, though he was rather excited. He held out his hand to the blond. "May I have this dance?" Draco gladly took his hand.

They moved in sync as Harry lost himself in the dancing and music. For a moment, Harry forgot about the spell dances (which he would prefect later that night.) He forgot about the potions (one of which he would complete entirely am hour later, and constantly work on the other two). He forgot about dying and about work.

Al that mattered to him, all that was there, was being with his friends and an enemy who believed in him and his abilities.

"Can we start over, Harry?"

Harry Potter looked at the blonde confused. He continued on hastily.

"It's not because I think you're going to die, like last time. It's because I know you won't. I regret what I've done to you. I don't wanna fight anymore. You're not unpleasant company."

Harry smiled. "And nor are you, Draco."