Chapter 2

Once the light from the spell dimmed and the fog has lifted, the magicians deactivated their defense shields and there they saw the Raimon commander laying on the ground motionlesss, unmoving, bathing on his own crimson blood but the most noticable thing is that Ozrock is nowhere to be seen.

The Raimon magicians were instantly on their commander's side, checking his injuries and most importantly, his pulse. No matter how many times the healers rechecked the brunet's pulse, the results are always negative.

"So how is it?" Tsurugi grumbled impatiently, getting more and more worried for his best friend every passing second. Aoi looked back at him sadly. "Negative. No pulse." At her response, Shindou's eyes widened. He quickly knelt down and placed his ear against Tenma's chest, waiting for a heartbeat. Almost all of his comrades stood there, wide-eyed. Two reasons is that their commander no longer has a pulse and that it's their first time seeing their combat strategist lose composture like this, but of course, it only takes one Matsukaze Tenma to break it. 

Hearing no pulse, the strategist stood up, looking dejected. "Shindou--" "Affirmative. No pulse nor a heartbeat." The team grew silent. No one dared to speak. They're all mourning at the thought that their commander is dead.

Little by little, they noticed that the brunet's body is turning to ash. There were a collective cries of shock and the healers tried to use [Re • Growth] but they failed to recover the bits of his body parts.

{[Re • Growth] is a magic spell sequence that is used to recover one's body part that was previously cut or went missing. When used, the tissues from the body will grow another portion on the lost area like a hydra.}

After the failed activity, they could only watch their leader be into ash piece by piece, but Tsurugi is not having any of it. "Why aren't you doing something?! You'll only let Tenma die?!" The Ace shouted, chanting a forbidden spell that can get back the other's life. Its forbidden because the caster will die in place of the one who previously died or both of them will die. Before Tsurugi could finish the said spell, Sangoku placed a limiter on him. "Senpai!!" He protested.

"Do you think Tenma will be happy with this? We lost our commander, we don't want to lose our Ace too!" With that, Tsurugi felt defeated. They won, but they lost him. They could only cry for his death. They could only hold him one last time. All what they did is to watch him die and he died in his comrades' hands, taking his last breath and opening his eyes one last time-- before his body completely turned to ash.

Cries of agony and despair is what was heard next and they swore revenge to Ozrock. For now, they would just mourn after their beloved commander's death. Matsukaze Tenma's death day is the most memorable and the most emotional day that is known to the world. Matsukaze Tenma is a boy who accepted his death for the sake of the humanity.

He is the world's hero.

¤¸¸.•'¯'•¸¸.•..>>

It's so quiet in here today. What happened? Arashi thought, becoming uncomfortable at the unusual silence. He noticed it first when he came to the school earlier. No chaos, no murmurs, no excited talks. Just uncomfortable silence, accompanied with an air of melancholy, on par with their eyes that was eveloped with sadness.

Now, he is genuinely curious.

What made them like this? What happened? Why didn't I know? Why is it not gossiped? Isn't it supposed to be gossiped when something, whether good or bad, happened?