Chapter 3

Amelia:

"Cheated on who..??" Layla asked in a serious shocked tone. I could feel my eyes getting watery now and I was close to hyperventilating. Layla tried her best to soothe me as I was controlling myself not to break down in a club. "Luke got married this morning." I finally managed to spit the truth out holding back my tears.

"Wow!". That's all that Layla could manage to say after a long moment of silence. She suddenly pulled me and dragged me to the dance floor. " I don't have good words to tell you that will soothe but all in all loosen up tonight you deserve best." Layla spoke to me loudly over the music as she made me move to the beat. Thank goodness I had Layla orelse tonight I would have to cry myself to sleep if I could get any.

Layla went to the bar and got some drinks for the both of us and returns to the dance floor with the cups. I never drink but tonight I just gulped in anything to ease myself from my heartbreak. After three shots I start feeling dizzy. I don't know if I should be this drunk after such few shots or I just can't get a hold of alcohol. I finally loosen up and get beyond wild.

I dance to the beat exchanging partners every now and then that I loose count of how many guys I've danced with. I may not drink but when it comes to dancing thanks to my Caribbean mom I did not ashame my ancestors. I decide to get off the dance floor barely remembering my problems and get some rest. Layla is nowhere to be found probably choking some poor guy somewhere in this club hopefully not the toilets.

I find a corner and settle myself. My body is aching but I still wish to dance. I order some water as one bar attendant passes by. She brings me the water and I take a sip to cool my throat. Layla walks in with a guy on her tail but she doesn't see me where I'm seated which I'm glad cause I don't want to be a third wheel tonight. She looks disheveled which makes my assumptions earlier right that she was somewhere doing the deeds with some guy.

A guy suddenly comes and seat across me staring at me intently. I don't know what's his deal but my brain is scattered to mind about his presence. He suddenly asks for a dance. Although it's slightly dark but I can tell he is quite attractive. Before my brain processes I'm already on my feet he takes my hand and leads me to the dancing floor.

Immediately the music is switched to a slow song as we get to the dance floor. He holds me close to his chest and all I can say is he smells divine. "Ryan.." he interrupts my thoughts. "Sorry what..?!" I look up to him hoping he repeats what he said. "They call me Ryan so what do they call you beautiful...?". I am still fazed by his voice that I forget to respond to his question. Breaking my thoughts I finally reply "I'm sorry..." I apologize for my long silence. "Amy that's my name.." I reply as we keep on dancing slowly. He doesn't say anything nor look at me.

After the song ends he takes me back to where we were seated before. "It was nice dancing with you..Thank you.." he says with a smile after he gets me seated and leaves. I don't know what is this I'm feeling but I wish he stayed longer. Atleast he said his name I tell myself and order myself more drinks as thoughts of Luke slowly come back. I drink while slowly sobbing till I doze off.

.........
Thank you for reading❤🌼
Vote and comment