Chapter 44: A Shoulder to Cry On

-CALVIN'S POV-

"PLEASE, PLEASE, GET ME OUT OF HERE.." Pagmamakaawa niya sakin habang mahigpit akong niyayakap na para bang gusto nitong magpabuhat dahil takot na takot ito.

"Calvin please..." Dawn begged like a child.

"Shh, I will. You're okay now." I stated. Trying to comfort her as I helped her to stand up.

"You're with me now. You're safe." And helped her to walk slowly but I sensed that she lost all her strength due to shouting and crying, that's why carried her like a bride.

And while we're on our way to the cottage, she's still holding me so close that I can feel her breath in my neck as she trembles in fear so I planted a kiss on her forehead, securing her that she's safe now that she's in my arms.

As we get closer to our cottage that we used kanina para sa photoshoot, agad kong binitawan si Dawn sa higaan ng dahan dahan dahil nakatulog na pala ito kahit bulong ng bulong pa ito ng paulit-ulit na mga kataga.

"Seems like you were, really that scared.." Malungkot kong wika nang maihiga ko na si Dawn sa higaan at nilagyan ng kumot ang katawan dahil hindi pa pala ito nakakabihis simula kanina.

Halata ring giniginaw ito dahil sa suot.

I straightened myself and turned by back on Dawn as I was on my phone, trying to ring the front desk of this resort to tell them that were gonna be staying for the night because of what happened and also, the weather.

I looked around the cottage. There are two beds. One for me and one for Dawn. I looked at myself, I am wet. Dawn is wet. We don't have any personal belongings with us, maliban sa isang extra na white t-shirt na dinala ko kanina.

Napatingin ako ulit kay Dawn at nakitang basang basa siya kaya naisipan ko nalang ipa-ubaya ang extra t-shirt sa kanya, habang ang basang suot ko naman ngayon ay i-sasampay nalang.

I was about to go get some of my things in my car when I was stopped by Dawn who was awake, suddenly reaching for my hand out of nowhere making me look back at her whom I thought was sleeping peacefully.

"Don't leave me out here. Please." She begged as her tears slowly pooling her eyes and her lips trembling.

"I— i hav..." I can't form a sentence.

"Please Calvin. I'm scared." Naiiyak niyang wika habang mas hinigpitan ang paghawak ng aking kamay.

I sat down next to her and cupped her cheeks to make her look at me. "Hey, you're gonna be alright. Pupunta lang ako sa parking area, kunin ko lang yung extra shirt ko so you can change okay?" Pakiusap ko sa kanya habang nakatitig sa kanyang mga mata, but she just looked down while shaking her head fast.

"N-no please... I'm s-scared..." And she started sobbing in my arms like a kid kaya wala akong magawa kundi yakapin siya at tulongang kumalma.

"Calvin, promise me. You're not gonna leave me.." Dawn said while crying like a child.

"Yes, I promise.." As I tried to calm her by swaying lightly in my arms making her fall asleep while quietly snoring.

It's been 20 minutes and Dawn is still in my arms, and it has been more than 20 minutes that these questions keeps messing on my mind.

Questions I can't even answer myself..

I slowly look at Dawn's face who is now laying in bed, facing my direction. A small tear rolled down to her cheek. Her face is still puffed, signifying that she cried really hard for like an hour or so.