4

It was about two weeks after the events at the darbi. Arabella and Finn were taking out Tommy's new horse, so May could have a look.

"She looks in very good condition, considering she hasn't been out in a gallop." May said as she observed the horse.

"Bell actually rides all the horses, in order for them to get their daily exercise. Isn't that right Bell?" Tommy said giving the doll like girl a light pat on the back. She just nodded with a shy smile.

"Arabella's the best horsemen...woman in England. I haven't lost a single race since hiring her." Tommy said gloating about his hostler. She lightly blushed in embarrassment and looked down at her feet.

"Is that right?" May asked smiling at the bashful girl.

"She's a very lovely horse. She's really compassionate." Arabella softly spoke, gazing into the horses eyes, giving her a pet.

"Alright Bell, you can bring her back now. Thank you." Tommy said and Arabella nodded and started to head back to the stables.

"One last thing Arabella. I'd like to talk to you by the end of the day. Nothing bad, just a talk." Tommy said trying not to scare the girl. She slowly nodded and walked off. May turned to Tommy as they watched her leave.

"She's lovely." She said softly.

"That's Arabella for ya." Tommy said flicking his cigarette to the ground and walking off.

Later on that evening Arabella found herself in Polly's bathroom. She sat soaking in the tub washing her hair. The door flung open making her sink into the water in panic.

"No need to be shy girl, it's just me." Polly said walking in casual with a bundle of clothes in her arms. Arabella watched her warily as Polly left the folded clothing on the toilet.
"Here's a towel and Ada's best dress when she was about 13. I assume it should fit you nicely. If not just let me know and I'll quickly hem it for you." Polly said before leaving, shutting the door behind her. Arabella sighed and got out of the tub, wrapping a towel around herself.

Arabella stood in front of a brass mirror in the candle lit room. She stared at her reflection. Her dress was a forest green that complemented her tan skin and brown hair and eyes. Her eyes were lightly lines with a charcoal liner and the slightest bit of lipstick could be seen on the girls plump lips and the high of her cheekbones. Her dress was made of linen, hanging comfortably on her  frame and cinched in at the waist. The dress was mid calf length with a slit on one leg. Her hair laid in its natural soft ringlets, going just past her shoulders.  She truly did look like a doll. The door then opened scaring the girl as she quickly turned around.

"You ready?" Polly asked. Arabella nodded and Polly leaned herself against the door frame with a smile.

"You look beautiful." Polly said making the young girl blush.

The women arrived to the pub. Arabella looked around in wonder. In the weeks she worked for the Shelby company, she had never been to the pub, mostly in case she every saw her father, but now seeing how spectacular the place was, Arabella could never imagine her father in a place like this.

"Come on dear. The Shelby's get to sit over here." Polly said walking towards a closed off booth. She opened it and in order Esme, Finn, John and Arthur sat in a round booth. Tommy sat across from them in his own chair.

Everyone stopped when the door opened. Finn stared at Arabella in awe. She looked beautiful in her green dress. Even Esme, John, Arthur and Tommy stopped to look.

"Alright one of you better make room before I make it myself." Aunt Polly said.

"Who knew our Bell could dress like a girl." John teased the girl. They only ever saw her wearing oversized men's clothes, since she worked in a horses stalls. Arabella blushed and looked down at her feet, then back up at Finn. His mouth slightly parted in awe.