Issues. 🐇

You've always struggled with your self esteem. Thanks to your jerk of a ex, you never really loved yourself. Lately you been looking at yourself and sometimes you smile. You decided from that day on you wouldn't cry nor waste time on someone like him. So you started your journey, to love yourself and appreciate your own company.

You moved. To Michigan. Ready to focus on you while visiting your old friend Cory. He was such a sweetheart, helping you get settled in your apartment.

"Thanks again Cory, for helping me." You said, sweetly.

"No Problem Y/n, you know I always got your back." Cory said, in the same tone.

You and Cory hung out whenever you both were free. Cory was a really amazing guy, and it is really a shame that he gets slept on by alot of women.

"Y/n! Y/n! Did you see the new Playstation?!" Cory said, excitedly.

"Yeah! It looked gorgeous and the graphics were amazing!" You said, in a similar tone.

You and Cory went to a bunch of places, it was such a good day. Or so you'd assume so, walking around the large mall with your favorite drink in hand, waiting for Cory to finish getting his beverage. You see them, the person that wasted your precious time and money. The person that broke your heart. Rolling your eyes after seeing their new partner feeling the new one could do so much better than your ex. You walked to the elevator in the food court ready to leave to another store with Cory. Then you hear a "Y/n? Is that you?" Sighing loudly you wished silently for Cory and the stupid elevator to hurry up.

"Y/n!" Your ex called out to you.

You turned your head slightly and waved and turned back around wanting nothing more to do with this person.

Cory sees you and walks towards you, but then stops after he sees your ex partner. His mind racing a million thoughts per second, when he sees your reaction to the person calling your name.

"Y/n, how's it been? You look good!" Your ex partner said.

You cringe, who do they think they are? Telling me I look good after degrading me for years.

"Hey... it's been good. Thanks." You replied shortly.

"Hey babe why don't you get us something to drink while I talk to them ok?" Your ex says to his new partner.

They nod slightly and left, your heart ached for them. Had he already begun abusing them?

"I remember you telling me that you can have a partner that's better than me in minutes." Your ex partner said.

"Where are they? I want to see how much better I am than they are." Your ex partner continues.

Normally, this wouldn't affect you like it did. Your eyes started to water as you look for a way out of this stupid encounter.

"Come on Y/n, where are they?!" Your ex partner says with a little aggression in their voice.

A tear starts to roll down your cheek and it feels your throat is closing in by the second. Your ex grabs your wrist while saying where are they in your face.

Cory watches this unfold and steps in.

"Hey! Take your freaking hands off her alright?" Cory says in a protective tone.

"Look I don't know who you are but I suggest you leave." Your ex partner replies in a darker more murderous tone.

"I said. Take, your hands off of her." Cory says. Getting closer to the person and preparing to use force.