one.

wilbur soot--or will gold, his real name--was working, without any success, on a new song. something to give to his agent later. in reality, he somewhat wished he wasn't a musician at this point... it hadn't gone too well recently.

soon after the dream smp had ended, clay--dream--had attempted to start a new smp, since the first run was so successful. the problem is, lots of the members had already found new callings besides that. quackity mysteriously disappeared from the internet, karl went back to working with mrbeast, tommy and tubbo had college--it was all a big mess to deal with, and dream had a hard time even finding people who wanted to continue the smp.

wilbur couldn't exactly act as if it wasn't his own fault, either. he'd gone to work in the music industry, having been offered a job he couldn't resist by a slightly well known agent in the area.

still, now he couldn't help but miss his times playing minecraft with his friends. it was a really fun thing to do while taking a break on soothouse, but at the time, he'd lost all interest due to all the work he had to do as a worker there.

he sighed to himself, muttering a few wistful words under his breath. he missed saying their names, or even hearing their voices...

maybe he'd watch one of his old videos--to get a feel of the past. it wouldn't hurt to take a break from songwriting, anyway.

he smiled as he pulled up one of his dream smp videos--he honestly missed discussing with his editors what to do. hearing tommy's shouts--which had long since ceased as he grew more serious about his education--made him laugh to himself. he wondered how he was doing now.

schlatt. yikes, he really did miss schlatt and his dumb jokes--and especially did he miss his dark persona during the smp. it was fun to watch him get so into character, at times.

...as quackity's voice become more abrupt during the video, and his thoughts flooded with memories again, he was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"ahem, mr. gold?" a muffled voice asked from the other side.

"ah, yeah, sorry... i'm coming." he said sheepishly, turning off his phone and walking to the door, opening it to reveal his agent standing there. "i don't really have a song yet, ms. white, but i- i should have one soon-" he stammered awkwardly. he had been procrastinating on that for a long time.

ms. white, with her birdlike, pale features, didn't change her expression too much--she never did. she was stony and serious, always chirping after her clients like an overbearing mother hen. she stared at him for a moment, before doing one of her rare, tight smiles.

"oh, it's nothing to worry about, mr. gold. we've actually gotten someone--another musician--to help you out." she never called herself by "i" or "me". she always acted as if there was a giant crowd behind her, only making her presence more alarming and dangerous to her clients.

wilbur sighed for a moment. other musicians? he'd told the woman a long time ago to stop trying to get him to collaborate with other artists--they always never worked well with him. personalities always aligned badly, and they rarely even wanted to work with him--their agents assigned them as well.

but he supposed that since ms. white hadn't given him another artist to work with in months, this one might actually be decent.

maybe he won't shout at me this time, wilbur thought to himself.

"mr. gold, please welcome..." ms. white started, before a voice broke in.

a familiar voice.

"wilbur?-"

...it was quackity.

a/n: starting off strong!!! here!!! alsoyes im working on another fic i cant CONTROL myself. please leave a follow/vote/comment if you can! love yall!!!!!!