two.

ms. white was the first to break the silence as she watched, with curiosity, as wilbur and alex stared each other in the face.

"well, we see that you already know each other. nonetheless, wilbur soot, meet quackity. he's a rookie artist, but he specializes in similar topics in his music as well--internet topics, right? quackity, meet wilbur soot. he's a little more versed in the industry, but either way, both of you should be able to work well together..."

"well, at least according to our charts." she said, shrugging cooly, before exiting the room with a shout. "let's hope you two can get a new song out by today! otherwise, we'll have to fire you, mr. gold."

...the silence continued.

"...you... i... we're- we're-" wilbur stammered. he rarely ever did that until he'd joined the industry, but now he was staring straight into quackity--or alex's--eyes.

"yeah- you're... you're wilbur, right? wilbur soot?" alex responded awkwardly, with a sheepish smile on his face. wilbur couldn't help but stare at his face. it was all so...familiar to him.

 then he realized he was staring, and turned away from him, his face flushing red with embarrassment. "ah, yeah... you're... you're alex. quackity."

"oh my god- i... i'm sorry for staring i just-" wilbur began to ramble, stumbling over his words, "it's just- i can't. i can't believe you're here!" he said excitedly, grasping alex's shoulders impulsively. he hadn't felt this much energy in ages. "dude, what happened to you? after the dream smp?"

alex was a little taken aback, but he soon smiled--with a hint of awkwardness on his face. wilbur could tell he was a bit overwhelmed by all of his excitement, so he calmed down a bit, although he could practically feel electricity running through him.

he was so excited, and he didn't know why.

"ah, uh- wilbur- well..." alex mumbled, before pausing as he thought about his next words. "i was... i was abroad here. i'd gotten an offer to get a music degree here--apparently a certain university professor was endeared with my streams. i couldn't exactly deny that chance, so i got straight to moving. unfortunately, i didn't really have the time to stream because of that, and i... kind of forgot?? about twitch???"

wilbur smiled. he was resisting hugging him so much. he missed his old friends. he really did. "geez, alex- well... sorry about all this mess- that includes me, heh- i didn't expect to see you again... and in here of all places, too!"

alex laughed slightly, "yeah, i guess i can understand that... if i wasn't so tired from moving all my stuff here, i'd probably be jumping up and down too."

"huh?" wilbur interrupted, "you moved all your stuff... here?"

"yeah, i don't actually have a place to stay. i was kicked out from my apartment." alex said casually.

wilbur stood there, a bit caught off guard by the somewhat dark statement, before interjecting, "well, you can live with me if you need to-"

he stopped himself. what was he saying?! why was he so quick to suggest that...?

...he was just nice, he rationalized. he was just being nice. there weren't any underlying words under that. he swore that there weren't.

alex seemed to think there was something behind his words, judging by his mock-innocent grin. "really, wil? if you insist..."

wilbur could practically hear his own heartbeat now. he felt his face heating up as he struggled to find the words to respond.

was alex making fun of him? or flirting with him-?

no. he didn't feel those feelings.

he swore he didn't. neither of them did- he swore neither of them swung that way--not that there was anything wrong with that.

wilbur interrupted alex's grin, "let's- let's just work on the song."

a/n: sighs,,, quackibur. leave a vote/follow/comment if you can please!! i hope we can grow this ship's fandom!