four.

after testing out a few more songs, wilbur and alex had completed a song--finally, after about an hour.

"woo!" wilbur said, reclining on his beanbag with a relieved smile. he wasn't getting fired--that was something to be thankful for.

"that... was fun." alex said, a hesitant smile on his face, before suddenly adding. "i like your voice, wilbur- it's actually... kinda comforting." he said, with a look wilbur swore was kind of dreamy in his eyes before he soon shook his head quickly. "no homo." he quickly added.

it was too late. wilbur already felt his face heating up slightly. alex felt... comforted by his voice? he couldn't help but feel like he was in some sort of romcom. was this some sort of cosmic joke being played on him...? why was he falling for someone he hadn't seen in years...?

why was he being so vulnerable for alex?

still, he sighed to himself. he wasn't falling for him. if he was, it was just... temporary. nothing more than that. he wouldn't say he was in love, exactly... he probably just found alex attractive.

he'd have to look this stuff up later. he hadn't had a crush in months. too much work to deal with for matters like love.

"wilbur?" then he felt a hand gently patting his shoulder. it was alex, who seemed to be asking for his attention. "ah, you're looking at me now--were you daydreaming or something? never mind-"

he smiled, holding up some starbucks coupons. "not to seem like a fu- a hipster or anything, but do you wanna go for a drink or something? work's done, after all." he said, beaming. he seemed to be avoiding swearing--reasonable, considering they'd hadn't talked in so long. he must've been nervous about coming off as rude.

"oh! sure-" wilbur said, soon getting up from the seat. he towered over alex, but alex just looked up at him--only with a hint of intimidation.

alex held out a hand to grasp wilbur's before pulling it back in realization. "ah, aha- let's just go." he quickly said, before opening the door, turning off the lights, and exiting, wilbur behind.

the streets were pretty crowded at this time of day, and wilbur almost lost alex in the crowd--the uk was full of tall people, and the 5'8'' boy would definitely be swept away if he wasn't careful. thankfully, the crowd began to dissipate as alex reached a corner, and wilbur caught up to him, exhausted from rushing around.

"dude- i almost lost you in the crowd-" wilbur gasped, before grabbing onto alex's shoulder, practically about to collapse onto him.

"sorry, wil," alex apologized, "i'm really used to walking these streets alone, so i didn't take into account that you'd get lost..." he genuinely looked sorry, his face slightly regretful.

wilbur was still huffing and holding his shoulder.

"if you want, you can hold hands with me!" alex added, before laughing to himself. "sorry, i can't resist- the joke's getting old, i know."

wilbur smiled awkwardly, grateful that alex probably wouldn't be able to tell whether his face was red with exhaustion or fluster.

"aha, yeah- it's getting old."

but he didn't really mind the jokes that much.