Imagine #4- Breakdown

Here we are again, the end of the semester. There are two people in my class that could get vidictorian, me or this other dickhead that I can't stand. But if I want to win, I have to write a 10 page essay on the Tell-Tale Heart.
It's so much stress and pressure, and, my boss has been on my ass because I canceled.
Then my sister's kids, god love them are constantly running around while she's out whoring around, so I'm pretty much their mom.
And my boyfriend Blake had a really important awards show to go to, and I'm trying to figure out what to wear and what to get him as a gift.
And to top it off, my mom and dad are fighting and sleeping in separate bedrooms. So now, every time I go tell them goodnight, I have to listen to them bitch, moan, and complain about each other.

I made sure both four years olds were fed and bathed, and now they are asleep. Now I am looking at the same stupid papers and I can't figure anything out. Then I looked at the time and realized Blake's show was in ten minutes. Now I have to tell me amazing boyfriend I can't make it.

Blake: Hey Babe.
Mandy: Hey.
Blake: Uh, where are you? I-I don't see you.
Mandy: Right. Blake, I can't make it.
Blake: What?
Mandy: I got caught up with school.
Blake: I know. It's just,- you said you'd make it. That's all.
Mandy: I know. But I can't. Have to get back.
Blake: Okay, bye baby.

Blake POV

As soon as I hung up, I knew something was wrong. She never cancels. She's always so put together, sometimes a little too together. But she didn't even say 'bye' or 'I love you' back. At this point, my girlfriend is more important than this show. I can have Bryce go on for me, I know he was kinda upset about not being able to, so now everyone is happy. I went up to Bryce and told him what happened, and he agreed to do the show, I mean he was only gonna be on stage for all of five minutes. Then, I ran out of that place and ran to Mandy's house. When I got there, I used the spare key she gave me and ran to her room.

Back to her POV

I hung up and tried to go back to work, but I couldn't. My hands were shaking, and my vision was getting blurry. I felt tears coming out of my eyes. Tears of hurt. Tears of pain. Tears of exhaustion. Tears of stress. Anything and anything you could cry about, I was crying about. I was rocking back and forth trying to calm down. But I couldn't stop. Then I heard footsteps running up the stairs, then my bedroom door busted open to a worried Blake. He seen me and immediately ran over to the chair I was sitting on and lifted me out of it. He sat me on the bed and got on his knees in from of me. He put both hands on either side of my face and tried to calm me down.
Blake: Breathe with me. In *breathes in* and out *breathes out*.
Mandy: *can't stop crying and can't breathe right*
Blake: C'mon baby. Breathe. Okay ready? In *breathes in* and out *breathes out*
Mandy: *starts to slowly breathe right, but is still shaking and crying*
Blake: Babe. Calm down. Breathe, baby breathe, it's okay.
Mandy: *calms down and stops shaking, but is still crying*
Blake: *moves to sit by Mandy and pulls her onto his lap, and starts playing with her hair* You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away.
Mandy: *still crying, but not as much*
Blake: *still playing with her hair and rocking her back and forth* The other night dear, when I lay sleeping, I dreamed I held you in my arms. When I awoke dear, I was mistaken, so I hung my head and cried.
Mandy: *just sniffling, but still not talking*
Blake: *continues to rock and sing, and play with her hair* You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away.
Mandy: *stays in Blake's lap, but no longer crying*
Blake: What happened babe? 
Mandy: Nothing.
Blake: Don't lie to me. I can see it in your face that you aren't okay. You don't just break down for no reason. So tell me what happened that it took me over five minutes to calm you down.
Mandy: I'm just stressed that's all.
Blake: Stressed over what baby?
Mandy: Everything. My boss is up my ass over me canceling, my mom and dad are fighting, I'm pretty much raising my sisters kids, and I have a 10 page essay to write if I want to be valedictorian. I can't get soluditorian, okay I can't. I just can't.
B

lake: Its okay baby. How about this, you go take a bath, then when you come back we cuddle and watch movies. Then tomorrow I'll take the kids out and you can work on your paper in peace. Sound good?
Mandy: Yeah, I guess.
Blake: Go take a bath then babe.

I did what Blake said and took a nice, long, refreshing shower. Then j got dressed into shorts and one of Blake's hoodies I stole a while ago. Once I got to my room, I seen Blake sitting on my bed with popcorn, tequila even if I am not legal, mountain dew, and Beauty and the Beast queued up on the tv. I jumped on the bed and got under the blanket and cuddled up into Blake's side.
We eventually finished everything but the tequila, and we decided to go to bed. I was on my side, my back facing Blake as his arms wrapped around me. His head laid between my head and my shoulder.
Mandy: Thank you. For everything.
Blake: It's my job. Get some sleep.
Mandy: Goodnight Blake.
Blake: Goodnight my sunshine.
He kissed me cheek and pulled me closer to him, drawing small shapes on my arms to help me fall asleep.