No Loose End's

"If I die young, bury me in satin."

- The Band Perry

Andrews P.O.V.

           I walk alongside Troy who is very coldly looking ahead. The entire school just looks eerie and dead inside. We've beenwalking an hour and haven't come across a single infected yet. It's odd. Troy has a pistol tightly gripped in his hand and looks like he's just waiting to kill something. Maya is walking behind him with Grace, but he and she are still not conversing. Troy halts abruptly and I stop also. Maya walks into him and angrily stomps her foot. "Watch it," Troy says sarcastically which isn't a good move on his part in my opinion.

"Don't talk to me," Maya retorts.

"You won't talk to me either way so," he smiles sarcastically at her.

"At least I don't go around slamming doors on people." Maya snaps back.

"At least I don't walk into doors." he shoots back.

"Well aren't you just full of sympathy." she hisses.

"Not really." he replies casually.

"Guys stop," I interject.

"I didn't start it." Maya says crossing her arms.

"But you can stop it," I grin and she sighs.

"Yeah you can stop it," Troy mimicks.

"Really?" I ask him shaking my head.

"Quiet!" Maya says suddenly with an odd look.

"I'm trying to help!" I announce, amused.

"Shush!" She repeats standing still and listening intently. "I hear something." she says in alarm. We all pause and lsiten. Pfft. Pfft. Pfft.

"What is it...?" I whisper. Pfft. Pfft. Pfft. Click.

"Probably an infected..." Troy mutters darkly.

"Should we back out?" Maya whispers worriedly to him. Their first non hostile contact in forever.

"No, we should face it, we need this building to give ourselves a rest in." he replies firmly.

"Alright, what's the plan then?" she whispers in return, eyebrows furrowed.

"Excuse me? Did you just ask me what the plan is?" he whispers with a grin and she rolls her eyes.

"Seriously Troy, what do we do?" I chime in.

"If we shoot, it'll attract more from the noise, but it's risky to kill them up close," Grace mutters quietly.

"This is where Maya comes in," Troy says pointing to her.

"I'm not going to be bait if that's what you're implying." she mutters in annoyance. Click click. Pfft. Click. We all glance behind us. "What do you want me to do?" she asks urgently. Troy takes his back pack off his shoulders and unzips it as quietly as he can but it sounds impecably loud. He pulls out an old looking cross bow and five arrows that are obvious it's size. Maya's eyes glitter in the light.

"I'm sure this isn't hard to use but since you carried a bow longer than anyof us before you're buddy," he says glancing at Nikkos who is standing behind her quietly. "You do the honors." he finishes. I suddenly am aware of Nikkos. It's been a while since he's even said a word. He looks melancholy, as if he is anticipating the worst. Actually, his eyes are watering and he is tracing his collar bones with his bony fingers. He looks as if he knows someting is coming. He is anticipating something and I don't like it.