i. p r o l o g u e

t h e w o m e n o f w h i t e
————————————
act one — one
____________✝︎___________

once a year small heath

was blessed with the fall of snow. it coated the grimy town in a blanket of purity and for a short moment people forgot where they were. many believed the grace of winter was by the cause of their local ghost; the women of white. the story was to be told over a late night drink within the heat of the garrison. it was a legend of misery and grief, so harsh that even the soldiers of war shuddered.

despite how well the locals believed they knew of the girl; they didn't. her face was a mystery as well as her name. the only glimpse anyone had seen was the trails of her white dress along the burial yard atop of small heaths hill. slowly it became tradition for small heath to watch out for the women of white, on the eleventh day of the eleventh month, at dawn when she would walk the streets.

however, there was one women who knew the truth. it wouldn't fall to surprise that polly gray was that women. the shelby women kept tight lips on her knowledge. nobody was to know of edith dawson but that was until war struck. it seemed as the men of small heath took their leave so did their ghost story. four years passed and people were yet to see the white blush of snow.

it was not until a late sunday, just shy of the war, when once again the women of white sauntered the dirty streets. although this time she came baring more then a white rose. she had came with a letter, a message, from polly gray. even the mystery women knew better then to ignore a shelby and so her mission was set.

the women of white was returning to small heath.