4.5 - Light 'em Up

The sound of tortured screams and chains clinking together filled the air, a grotesque chorus of never ending agony from those who awaited judgement. The air reeked of dried blood and smoke, like the aftermath of a house fire. Contrary to the smoky smell, however, it was surprisingly cold in the gateway to Hell. The only warm area being that of the rooms near the Gate, which lead directly to Hell itself. Amongst these rooms was a large court-like chamber, currently filled with dozens of monsters discussing something.

"How on earth did he manage to escape?!" Their leader bellowed angrily from his throne. "I thought you said he would be under careful watch!"

"He was, Master." A cyber ghost bearing resemblance to a Pokémon trainer answered meekly. "No one knows what happened. His chains might not have been infused properly, at least that's what I think happened-!"

"Silence!" The demonic leader yelled, the room shaking as the volume of his voice increased. "However it happened, I want to find him and find out how he got out to ensure he doesn't escape again!"

One of the monsters smirked to herself.

"Does anyone know anything about where he could possibly be?" Their leader asked the room.

"I have a theory." A shadowy figure spoke. The demonic leader turned in his direction, interest peaked.

"He could be in the Over Realm." The shadow said.

There was a brief silence throughout the room before laughter from all beings, including the leader, erupted and shattered the quiet like a hammer to a mirror.

"The Over Realm?! Ha! Good one, man!" The Pokémon trainer said. The shadow glared at him angrily, causing the trainer to reel back in fear.

"I have solid facts to back it up." The shadow said.

The demonic overlord cleared his throat, suppressing the urge to continue laughing. "Alright, alright, fine. Humor me. Why do you think he could be in the Over Realm?"

"He doesn't know his way around the Under Realm, remember? He's never set foot anywhere outside of the Gate." The shadow began. "Except for the Over Realm, which is where we first found him and brought him here. If he were to escape from our grasp, then the first thing he would do is find a way back to the Over Realm, the area he feels safer in. He knows his way around there, so he'd feel better about running off to somewhere he's been before."

"My theory is when he supposedly 'disappeared' in Smiley's lab, he glitch travelled through one of the devices in there - I'd guess the computer - and made his way to the Over Realm from there. If he were smart, he'd avoid going into any electronic devices for as long as he can due to how easy it was for Red to track him down after he refused the offer years ago. He'll have to return to a device soon though, we all know he can't go for very long staying out of one. Unless, of course, he wants to become comatose and eventually die... again." The shadow finished that last part with a chuckle.

"So. Does anyone wish to say anything that would contradict this?" He said, his face slowly morphing into a cocky grin.

The room remained silent. Everyone was looking at him in awe, a couple of them nodding and muttering words of agreement to themselves. Their leader looked at him, a red, sharp-toothed grin slowly spreading across his monstrous face.

"Perhaps you may be on to something." He said. The shadow smirked at him, bowing his head.

"I do try my best, Master." He replied.

"Alright. Listen close, I have a new mission for everyone!" The leader bellowed. Anyone who hadn't been paying attention earlier was now fully invested in these orders, not wanting to miss a word.

"Our top priority is finding Benjamin. The most likely place he would be is in the Over Realm, but we're going to search elsewhere as well. We cannot overlook anything, he must be found immediately. He's one of the greatest weapons the Gate has ever had, we can't afford to lose him."

"I want all hands to be on deck for this mission. This means every single one of you will play a part in his recontainment. Each of you will be given two hours to make preparations, for some of you will be traveling. Prepare all of the Antiplasm possible - blades, serums, bullets, everything! You may not kill him, but you may severely harm him if needed. We just need him alive. Do you understand that? Alive."

Their leader turned towards the shadow and the trainer once more. "Dark, Red?"

Dark Link and Glitchy Red replied at the same time; "Yes, Master?"

"I want you two to go up to the Over Realm. If you or the Shredders that I'll be assigning with you find Benjamin, sedate him and bring him back to me immediately."

"So violence against Benjamin is permitted, Master?" Dark asked.

"As long as he is alive, bring him back in whatever state you wish." The demon answered.

Dark Link smirked to himself, letting out a sinister chuckle.

"With pleasure, Master Zalgo."