29

29 - CHAPTER TWENTY-NINEaaliyah pov

aaliyah pov

"good luck tonight," i whispered in tyler's ear as we stood in the tunnel.

"anything i should keep in mind ms. basketball?" he asked while stretching his arms and legs.

"they are going to try and intimidate you. show them why you deserve to be here, you're not a rookie anymore," i picked at his black jersey.

"iight imma head over, i love you ," he gave me a kiss and turned to walk to his teammates.

"love you too," i told him and walked out of the tunnel and back to my seat, where i sat to the right side of austin. we talked for a while until the announcer started introducing the roster.

both teams made it to center court. bam and giannis stood beside the ref to jump the ball. the whistle blew and the bucks ended up winning the jump.

as the teams fought up and down the floor the first 24 minutes of the game had come to an end. the score going into halftime was 57 - 50 in favor of the heat.

jen had went to the bathroom and chris took myles to go get something for us to eat, leaving austin and i alone. i looked across the floor of the arena when i saw someone real familiar.

"austin, is that katya over there or am i trippin?" i tapped his shoulder and slyly pointed to the woman directly across from us.

he squinted his eyes and looked back at me, "yeah that's her," he sighed, not knowing if that angered me or not.

"what is she doing here?" i asked slightly raising my tone. she was sitting next to a woman about her age and a guy, i'm pretty sure he was a little gay but i didn't know.

"why are you asking me questions i don't know the answer to?" he sassed.

"you know this is why you're my least favorite brother," i reached to grab my phone from my back pocket. i opened i messages and started to text jayda.

 i opened i messages and started to text jayda

so.. katya is here

here as in the arena?

mhmm
she right across from me