Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9

Winter Jackson♡︎.
Los Angeles

RECAP

"SOY TU MADRE WINTER! I'm sorry.." (I am your mother)  Silence was between the two while they rode in the car. "Winter say something.. Please."

I still couldn't form words to leave my mouth. I have so many questions but, I still couldn't find the right words.

"Winter-" this time I cut her off.

"Did you know what I was going through?" I asked. The crack in my voice made my heart sink. You know the feeling in your throat when it's closing. The feeling where you're about to cry?

She pulled into her driveway and put the car in park. "Did you or did you NOT know what I was going through?" I asked a little harshly.

"No. At least I didn't know it was happening for so long." I snapped my head in her direction in confusion. The answer is yes or no. "About a year ago your mom- Deja called me telling me about the razors in your bathroom."

"I don't understand." I faced forward not wanting to look at her.

"Winter I wasn't stable enough to take care of you. Razors, drugs and when I found out I was pregnant with you I got cleaned up but, then your father went to jail right before you were born and I-"

"Calm down. You're all over the place! Why did you leave me with them? That's all I want to know."

She took a deep breath before speaking. "Deja couldn't have any kids. We thought it was best for you to be with them. Successful plus power couple."

"Who is we?"

"You're Aunt, Uncle and grandparents. They made me sign a contract. It was that or get you taken by the system cause of my drug addiction."

What?

"It was only supposed to be until I got clean but, the contract didn't say that. I was the dumb bitch to not read it. But, I wouldn't think my sister would actually go against me like that. Not my big sister."

I tried to feel sorry or some sympathy. But, this story was so hard to believe. "I'm confused" I simply said.

"I was 16 when I had you. Your father was 18. He sold drugs around the neighborhood. I started to touch the drugs when I was worried he was out late dying. After a while I became addicted. But, when I found out I was pregnant I knew I needed to get clean so I did. The family didn't claim me when I was high off drugs but, they began to love me again when I was clean and pregnant. Your slowed down the business. Everything was perfect."

She smiled into space reminiscing. "Until my parents found out their precious Deja couldn't have kids. She couldn't hold on nor give birth. They blamed me!" She said in a whisper tone but yelled pointing at her chest.

Neither of us could look each other in the eye. I just listened while she spoke.

"So your dad he turned into the guy I once fell in love with! Kind, smart, loving and he was here for me. He didn't leave my side. 7 months into the pregnancy he got arrested. He knew.."