Chapter 1

Jessica's P.O.V

Another long, stressful day at the office and I get to come home to my husband, drunk, and passed out on the couch. I rolled my eyes and sat my purse and car keys on the kitchen table.

As I walked over to my unconscious husband I noticed more than a few beer bottles on the floor, ten or twelve bottles at the most.

All he does is drink his life away and it's going to come back and excuse my French, bite him in the ass. I don't plan on waking him because when he drinks, he gets abusive and I really don't feel like lying to my co-workers saying that I fell and hit my cheek on the coffee table again.

I made my way up the stairs and began to change out of my work clothes and into something more comfortable.

While I was doing so I noticed the bruises on my stomach and legs which made me sigh. I really hope he stops this drinking.

Once changed, I put on an Elvis record and listened to it until I fell asleep. if you don't know who the King of Rock and Roll is; you must live under a rock.

----------

In the morning I was awaken by Lucas kissing my cheek and trailing to my lips which made me smile. This was my favorite Lucas, my sweet, and loving husband.

I turned and smiled up at him, and my gesture was returned with a smile.

"Good morning my love." he spoke groggily.

I giggled slightly as I replied, "Good morning Lucas, did you sleep well?"

"I would've slept better with you by my side, darlin'" his smile stretched from ear to ear.

"I'm sorry, Hun, I didn't want to wake you!"

As I was getting ready for another long day at work; Lucas walked into the bathroom and wrapped his arms around me while I was brushing through my long brown hair.

"do you get more beautiful every minute of the day?" he smirked at me through the mirror.

I laughed a little and remarked, "that's sweet, baby." I turned around and pecked his lips before leaving for work.

----------

Returning home from work thirty minutes later than usual didn't help anything. 'Cause as soon as I walked in a beer bottle was thrown and smashed into the wall next to me; "you inconsiderate bitch! I had to make my own dinner because you decided to be late!! this better not happen again or you're going to regret it!" he screamed, followed by a stinging slap to my face.

I held my tingling cheek as tears built up in my eyes. I watched as he stomped upstairs and slammed the bedroom door shut.

Whimpering a little because he'd yell at me if I cried, I bent down and picked up my keys which were dropped when he hit me.

I quietly walked out of the house with tears rolling down my cheek. Wiping them with my sleeve I started up my car and headed to the local down the street.

drink.

after drink.

after drink.

after drink.

Author's Note:

Elvis will be in the next chapter. 😏😍