chapter 28

^^^the pic is  of Denise

Vanessa scanned the mess of kids in front of her. She smiled when she saw a familiar blonde head bobbing through the chaotic swarm.

"Nessa thank you so much for this party." He beamed up at her as he bounced on his feet. He was covered in chocolate cake and  full of sugar. He was holding the new firetruck he got from her in  one hand and the semi truck from his mom in the other.

"Your welcome sweetheart." She said with a smile as she picked him up and ruffled his hair. "I only planned it your mom and dad paid for it all. I just did what they asked of me. You should thank them for forking out the money for my most important client." She smiled at his expression. His eyes were wide in a look of amazement.

"I'm an import client." He asked in a whisper as he leaned into her.

She looked at him closely and nodded. "Why yes you are an important client. As a matter of fact you are the biggest V.I.P. I have had the honor to plan for." She said in her best business voice she could muster as she took in his messy face and wide eyed look.

"Ooh I like being a V.I.P." He stated happily before a blank look crossed his face. He leaned into her again and asked in a whisper," Nessa what's a V.I.P.?" She chuckled as he tried to mimic her serious tone of voice.

"A V.I.P. means that you are a Very Important Person. I have no other clients that are as important as you are." She said with pride.

He was bouncing in her arms causing her stomach to turn before he placed a noisy and very sloppy kiss directly on her lips and he thanked her again before sliding out of her arms. She watched as he stopped at each of his friends and told them that he was a V.I.P. and that it meant he was a very important person.  She chuckled and went to grab a napkin to get the mess off of her face from his kiss. As she reached for one another was produced in front of her. She looked at the arm and followed it all the way up to see a smiling Travis.

"You might wanna.." He motioned to his own face where hers was dirty. "You got a little chocolate on your face there sweet pea. Haven't you learned to feed yourself yet? If not I have a five year old son that would be glad to teach you." He smirked as she yanked the napkin out of his hand and gave him the best glare she could.

"I'll have you know that a very important man gave me a very good ...and sloppy...kiss.  It was the best one I've gotten all night." She huffed as she was trying her best not to smile. "Now if you don't mind I have some things I need to check on so please go bother someone else. I not only have no time to deal to with your silly antics...I don't have the patience. Good day sir." She said bluntly as she stomped her foot and made to turn away.

When she had successfully turned around she smiled broadly but it was cut short when her arm was grabbed and she was spun around before slamming into a solid chest.

"Unhand me you fiend or I will have to call for help." She chuckled as she looked into his eyes and saw the amusement dancing there.

"Did I hear someone call for help?"  Trent said as he appeared beside them and glancing between the two.