Home sweet home <3

I'M BACK FROM THE VOID PEOPLEEE!!
ikr took me a while to crawl out. Here is your long-awaited fifth chapter 🐔✌
••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"We're back!!!"
My eyes flutter open, I immediately set my gaze on Hogwarts castle. I had almost forgotten how beautiful it looks...
The warm light of lanterns shines brightly in the distance, the incredibly large door open and welcoming.

-----------------
Students scramble to their house tables, all of them eager to see where the new kids will be sorted.
"The very best of evenings to you!... Now... to our new students, welcome, to our old students, welcome back! Another year full of magical education awaits you..."
Dumbledore has his speech every year, and every year I barely listen, Despite this...I sure am glad to be home.
The sorting has always been particularly fun for me, I love seeing who will be put where. I adore the looks on a child's face when they get into the house they had hoped for. Joy fills the great hall. There is clapping, cheering, laughter, and an overall feeling of mirth.
It's pleasant.

After the sorting, it's time to dig into some EXQUISITE food.
So, here I am enjoying the feast...when I can't help but overhear...someone says these exact words;
"There they are! That's the person who was in the daily profit. It's Y/N L/N!"
I nearly spat out my food I was so startled! Me?? In the daily profit??? Why would I have been published there???
"Merlin, You're right! They saved that Malfoy dude."
"Don't know why anyone would save a kid like THAT though. Spoiled little gremlin..."
I keep my head low, just now noticing the unnerving amount of eyes Piercing my very being.
"Speak of the devil..." The child's voice grows silent, and I hear a jumble of footsteps come forward.
"Y/N, fancy some company?" I turn to face none other than, Draco Malfoy himself. The boy I supposedly 'saved'.
He stands tall, confident, with two boys on either side of him. Noticing my stare, Draco frantically shoos them away.
"I suppose I wouldn't mind-" But before I can even finish my sentence, he has already made room for himself on the seat beside me. He wiggles his brows playfully, I roll my eyes.
"You are a pest." Draco gasps dramatically.
"A pest?! Oh, how your words wound me so!" I snort, trying my hardest not to encourage him.
"And here I thought you considered me a friend!" He places the back of his hand elegantly on his forehead.
"Aw muffin, If I only I had known what I say has such an effect on you!" I say, resting my head delicately on my hands. I tilt my chin up, just enough to leer at him.
"Yes, if only you knew." Draco's hand falls from his forehead to the table, brushing my cheek along the way. Did he just say that?
"Well, don't you look dazzling?"
"Oh, shut up Romeo " I give his chest a gentle push, and set my attention back to my food.
"Everyone is talking about us y'know" Draco picks a cherry off my plate.
"Yes, I'm well aware of that.." I avert eye contact, staring down at my plate instead.
"We're practically a celebrity couple.." He pops the cherry into his mouth. Raising an eyebrow, I hand him a bowl to spit the pit.
"I hardly think that's what's on people's minds." I can feel the heat rising to my cheeks, staining them a soft shade of red.
Draco squints.
"Are you embarrassed?" He smirks at the thought. I scoff.
"Why would I be embarrassed?"
"Well, I can think of- "

I feel a hand touch my shoulder.
" 'Y/N L/N rescues young Draco Malfoy from a life-threatening situation in the sky'. I didn't take him for much of a damsel in distress kind of guy."
I tilt my head up to see who's talking and- oh my gosh. It can't be.
"Hey, you must be his knight in shining armour. Nice to meet you Y/N."
The boy who lived.. knows who I am!?
"Oh, h-hello"
I've done extensive research on the Potter family, Harry in particular. He's always been a mystery to me, and I found his story intriguing. To be talking to him now is something I never thought I would be able to do.

He smiles at me, and at that moment I am sure my face resembles something similar to a pomegranate.

Harry potter. Never would I have thought I'd get the chance to meet you.

••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hey guys! Don't kill me for this short chapter. I'm going to work on a schedule so I don't throw myself into the void for months at a time again 🤠. Let me know what you think!!