Chapter 1

I looked out at the city and saw all sorts of people living their daily lives and thought about how mine has changed. My family has recently moved from Sendai to Uchiura. I've left all of my friends and I'm not completely sure if I'm gonna end up happy to be here but I don't really have a choice. Yesterday we finally moved into our home and I decided that since there was a city not too far from Uchiura I was gonna take the bus there. Numazu seems like a pretty nice city and I honestly wished we lived here instead of in Uchiura. It's nice and has a lot of interesting businesses. I'll have to go to a school here rather than Uchiura anyway so what's the point of being there. I shook my head to try and get those thoughts out of my head and for the most part I succeeded. Who knows? Maybe I'll meet the woman of my dreams here. As if. As much as that sounds great, I doubt it will, it's just not likely.

I continue looking around when I notice a short girl with red hair that are in twintails who has a ton of bags around her. Maybe she bought a lot and could use some help carrying it. I can't just ignore it so I then began to walk towards her and tapped on her shoulder and said "Excuse me miss but-" But before I could say anything else her face became red and began to scream. I didn't know what to do so I tried to say "Hey calm down, I'm not trying to hurt you or anything" but it seemed that she couldn't hear me over her screaming.

"HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY SISTER!"

I turned to see a girl with long black hair and a girl with brown hair coming up to me. The girl with brown hair then began to hug the red haired girl and she stopped screaming. The black haired girl then turned to me and in a sharp tone said "What were you trying to do!?"

I tried to say "I just thought that-"
"Thought what? That you could harass her?"

"N-no! I was just trying to-"
"To what?"

I was seriously starting to freak out because I couldn't explain myself and it got worse when I noticed that bystanders were beginning to watch. Since they don't know the context and just see a girl screaming at me while one comforts another this must look really bad. In the end I couldn't stand it anymore and ran. I think she might have tried to chase me but I didn't look back long enough to find out. I really hope I don't end up seeing them again because they probably view me as a creep or something.

-------------------------------------

Ruby's Perspective

A Couple Days Later...

After practice was over for the day, Hanamaru and I split off from everyone and walked around and talked before starting to head back to our homes. At one point we saw the boy that tapped me on the shoulder this weekend and scared me. Onee-chan and Hanamaru had left to grab us some drinks so we could take a break for a couple of minutes before we could continue bringing the fabric and things for our costumes and while they were away he tapped me on the shoulder. I'm not good with men and I was scared and I started screaming until Onee-chan came and protected me while Hanamaru helped me calm down.

We looked over at the boy and he was crouching and was petting a cat. Here was talking in a high pitched voice and was fawning all over the cat. Hanamaru and I tried to walk past him without bothering him but he must have heard our footsteps because he turned to face us.

As he began to speak I began to hide behind Hanamaru "Um hello... I'm sorry but could you please not mention to anyone what you saw me doing? I try to appear more serious and mature around others and I don't want people to find out about this uncool side of me."

Hanamaru said "If you don't want people to find out about it then I won't tell anyone. You won't either will you Ruby" I shook my head and Hanamaru began to speak again "See? Don't worry. I'm Hanamaru Kunikida and my friend is Ruby Kurosawa. What's your name?"

"It's y/n l/n. Thanks again."
Hanamaru smiled and said "Well it's nice to meet you but we have to go now, goodbye."

We then walked away and headed home. L/n seemed kind of nice and I started to feel kind of bad for him with how Onee-chan talked to him. Maybe if me and Hanamaru see him again I should apologize for her.

-----------------------------------

Y/n's perspective

As I headed home that night, I thought to myself about why those girls seemed familiar before it dawned on me. The red haired girl was the one that screamed when I touched her. That whole event was so fast that I never got a good look at any of them. If they recognize me they don't act like it so maybe they realized it was a misunderstanding. If they did then maybe I can be friends with them.

---------------------------------------

A/n: A bit of a rocky first meeting but it'll get better. Since unlike Nijigasaki which doesn't say anywhere that it's a girls school Uranohoshi is one so I had to get a bit more creative with my first encounter and I felt like this would be an interesting way to meet her. I may write the next chapter tomorrow. I hope you'll enjoy Red Gem Wink