Chapter-12.

"Attention, students."

*Two seconds later*

"Attention, students."

*Two seconds later*

"Attention, students."

It was 8:00 AM.
I woke up abruptly not knowing what's going on and what the hell was going on this early.

I saw Catherine wake up and stretch her arms so casually as if it was her 'everyday alarm'.

"All the students are requested to mark their presence in the Vale's playground within thirty minutes. I repeat, reach the Vale's playground within thirty minutes.
Over."

We heard the announcement coming through the PA system. No doubt, it was Mr. Jordan.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked Catherine, twisting my hair into a messy bun.

"Nothing much, just a prayer service. Get up and get ready. Good morning, by the way." She said, again jumping off her high bed.

Can't she get down normally?

She made her way to the bathroom while I stayed in the bed, waiting for her to come out.

It just took her merely five minutes to take a bath and come out.

"Did you even take a bath? You just went inside. How can you come out so fast?" I asked curiously. I mean, of course, she must have taken a bath, but how can she do it so quickly?

"Of course, I did! Can't you see my wet hair?" Woah! If wet hair is a sign to see if a person took a bath or not, well, I'll go inside and wet my hair and not take a bath!

I nodded in a yes and made my way to the bathroom.

*Twenty minutes passed*

"Are you even alive? You are taking ages to come out!" Catherine shouted.

"J—Just one more minute." I shouted from inside.

Well, one more minute is just an excuse. In reality, it takes five more minutes.

As I came out, I saw Catherine dressed up in black jeans and a mustard colored shirt with long black boots.

"Turn around. I have to change!" I said.

Without saying a word she turned away.

I removed my bathrobe and changed into denim jeans pairing it with a denim jacket and a white top under it. I wore my white sneakers hastily and said, "Let's go!"

Catherine turned towards me and said, "Finally, the queen is ready to walk towards her balcony and wave to her people!" She smirked.

"Oh, shut up." I said as I laughed.

"Just five minutes are left. Will you hurry up?"

"Oh damn!"

We moved out of our rooms and ran straight towards the playground. I didn't know the way and so I was blindly running behind Catherine.

Soon we reached the playground. I spotted a massive crown of both, students and the teachers.

"Why do I feel that we are the only late butts to arrive here?" I said to myself. But, I said it a bit louder so Catherine heard it, too.

"Apparently." Catherine replied, staring at the crowd.

That's when we saw a bald man, wearing a black formal dress, walk up to the stage.