sunday morning ♡ ~ 1

San Fransciso.

A bustling city filled with busy souls.

There is no specific time for rush hours in this place, everyone is running to and from, hurrying up to their destinations as the sun-lit skies light up their path, and the fluffy clouds danced with them as they walked.

For most people, it was a hassle to even take time to have breakfast at this point in time, not even bothering to have a hot cup of coffee.

For Chaeyoung, however, it meant she had all the stock to herself this morning.

"Chaeyoung, stop drinking the Americano." Nayeon says over the phone.

Nayeon, her longtime girlfriend. They've been dating each other for how long, since high school? They have been known for their duality relationship. One day you'll see them being lovey dovey, full of fluff and the other day they can literally seduce each other but that's besides the point. They are really really in love with each other, only a love in first sight can break this relationship but that's highly unlikely.

"It's your third this morning. You'll be coming home like an energetic wreck."

"Oh please." Chaeyoung said, sipping on the hot drink. "There's no one coming around. And besides.. It's my last day here in San Francisco. Can't you give me an incentive of sorts for being here before I go home?"

"Well, I can't stop you, can I.." Nayeon said, eyebrows furrowing. "Anyway, I'm excited for you to come home. It's been so long I just want to hug you again."

"I bet I'm more excited than you." Chaeyoung smiled as she gulped her last drop of coffee. She then stood up and stretched, and checked the time on her watch.

"Oh, I guess its time. I'll be late for my watery ride." Chaeyoung says while saying her goodbyes to Nayeon. "Stay safe Chaengie! I love you." Nayeon says while sighing knowing that she'll have to wait 5 more long days. "I will Nabongs, 5 more days left! I love you too, bye!" Chaeyoung says while hanging up.

"I'll be back for more coffees!" She said as she waved goodbye and went out the door with a chime softly ringing as she closed it. She takes one last look at café, a place where she spent many hours laughing, stressing, crying and so much more emotions. She smiled, and left, venturing through San Francisco's lovely streets.

The busy streets of USA was initially scary for her when she came here to continue and finish her study of the Contemporary Arts. It took a while to adjust, and the pressure of doing good in school and passing so she could make the path shorter to reaching her dreams. Good thing Nayeon was there to support her all the way. Looking back at it now, it wasn't so bad, after all. She already graduated, she made good friends, good memories and she had a good time. She feels sad that she has to leave that life for another opportunity. And opportunity that was at home.

2 hours left before she sets sail for home.

She spent her final hours on USA on her apartment, reminiscing all the good memories she had of this place. The boring, study days. The wild, party nights. The certainty of passing a grade. The absolute uncertainty that happens when she drinks vodka. She'll miss it all.

Chaeyoung goes over her luggage, packing what she needed for the trip. A private escort then comes around to collect them, until all that was left was her and the empty apartment. She smiles once more.

"Ciao, old friend. We will meet again in a few years." She then left with a bittersweet taste in her mouth.

As she left, she wore her favorite roller skate shoes. She kicks with it, and the varnished wheels popped out and locked in. She then sets her earphones to her ears, listening to "Sunday Morning" by Maroon 5, on repeat. Soon after, she was skating away.

The wheels of her skates take her to the San Francisco dock. She jumps as the wheels clicked, returning the convinient ride into a regular shoe once more.

She takes a deep breath as she watched her luggage board the ship she's going into. It was a VIP trip, after all--- she needed no effort into putting them herself. She walks toward the huge boat, seemingly in awe.

"Welcome to the Ballerina Pacific Express, Ms. Son Chaeyoung. Your VIP pass, please." A ship member asks her on the entrance. She flashes a decorative, yet sleek ticket.

"Wonderful. Please, enjoy your experience here." The ship member bows as Chaeyoung thanks him and goes up toward the ship.

The place is amazing. With the grandeur of the ship and its amenities, one should've expected alot of bookings. Yet for some reason, it wasn't as crowded. It all seemed peaceful, just as Chaeyoung wanted it to be. She didnt go toward her room immediately however, as she sat down on the deck and let out her sketchpad.

"Steal some covers, shed some skin.." She quietly sung as she drew the ship's intricate designs on the wall. She didn't mind the people around her as they whiz past her.

As she looked again once more to the ship deck, however, she sees an elegant woman clad in a silky, black dress, talking to what looked like businessmen. She hasn't seen anyone else who wore the same outfit--- clearly, she was someone important.

She overhears their conversation.

"Miss Mina Myoui, your opportunity to rest has finally come."

"Grazie, sir. I'll gladly enjoy it." The lady replies, and Chaeyoung is once again starstruck at her beautiful voice.

She kept on unconciously singing "Sunday Morning" as she just looked at her.

"That may be all.. I need.."

She froze as she just stares at her in awe.

"In darkness she is all.. I.. see.."

The other voices die down as she keeps on listening to her voice.

"Come and rest your bones.. with me.. Driving slow on Sunday Morning.."

Chaeyoung drops her pen as she just kept looking at the person infront of her.

"And.. I never want.."

The lady notices Chaeyoung look at her. She then leaves, but not before glancing again at the girl sitting on the dock.

"....to leave.."

—————————

Hi! How was this first chapter? We have so much plans in store for this story. Are you excited?

I hope you enjoyed this chapter ! ♡

Again, big big thanks to Mya and Jeo! :)

I'll be updating this story frequently and no i'm not gonna leave my readers on a cliff hanger and just be inactive so don't worry at all! ♡