Prologue ~ The Story Before the Adventure

(A/N: Just a heads-up, I am writing this as I watch the anime! I already watched the 40 or more episodes and my favorite character is still Killua! I like Gon and Kurapika, too. However, Killua still my favorite!!

Oh yeah, about your own character! You are an artist and you love to sketch! Your weapons are pencils, scissors, pens, etc. I know it sounds stupid, but I believe that your art can become weapons, so bear with me! If you don't like this character as yourself, you are welcome to not read anymore of this fanfiction! Enjoy!)

~ ~ ~

Y/N POV:

          I have always lived alone ever since my parents died. Nobody was willing to take care of me, so I had to do all the labor on my own. I applied for so many jobs just for survival: A waitress at a restaurant, a janitor at a school, and other jobs. I never went to school before because I can't afford the education fee there. I spent my time studying on my own at night. Whenever I get the chance on my janitor shift, I would peek into classrooms to see what other students are learning. People consider me as a hard-working child and ask me why I am working so hard to survive. I knew they were encouraging me to just give up on life, but I don't want to. If I'm born, there must be a reason why I'm living in this world. Plus, I want to pursue a dream.

          A dream of...

          "...Becoming a Hunter..," I mumble to myself. I woke up early in the morning, already in clothing suitable for exercise and holding my calendar.

          "Today's the day." I hug my calendar tightly. "YEEEEEEEES!!! THE HUNTER'S EXAM!!!"

          I get off my makeshift potato sack bed and start jumping up and down crazily with excitement. January 7th is the day of the Hunter's Exam, and it is January 7th today! I'm finally 12 years old and old enough to join after waiting all these years! If I pass the Hunter's Exam, I can become a Hunter and get all of my life problems solved!!! I won't have to suffer anymore!!

          The Hunter's Exam is an Exam where your abilities are tested, whether if it is your intelligence, wits, skills, and physical strength! If you pass, you can get a Hunter's License for passing the Exam. The license can clear you from any crimes you have committed (I have not committed any so don't worry), solve your financial problems, and so on! I heard that most people don't pass and that it is difficult. I don't really mind. I mean, it is worth a shot!

          I instantly jolt to my desk, sweep in all of the art supplies I need into a bag, and bolt out the door humming a happy tune.