Chapter 2 ~ So Much Running...

Y/N POV:

          We've been running for a while now... I don't really feel tired. I did long distance running very often before I came here. Living alone, I never had any transportation of any sort. I'm too poor to afford a car and I'm not even old enough to have a driver's license, so I've always traveled by feet. 

          Anyways, I keep on running ahead. For some reason, my gaze seems to gradually fix onto Killua until I realize I'm actually doing so. Maybe it's because he's using a skateboard and that keeps on getting my attention. I feel tension rise within me because I can't control my staring. So, I decided to release it a bit by bringing up a random suggestion.
          "Hey, Killua," I begin.
          "Yeah?" he asks, looking at me.
          "Do you want to meet the other boy I saw earlier?" I ask.
          "Ah. Sure," he replies with a shrug.
          We begin to run a bit faster, catching up to the three we saw earlier with Tonpa. Killua skates his way in front of the business suit man as I follow beside him. Upon seeing Killua, the man snaps at him with a furious expression, "Hey! Wait up, kid!"
          Killua eyes him from the corner of his eye, voicing out a single, "Hm?"
          "You should show the Hunter's Exam some respect!" the man screeches.
          Killua (and also me) didn't really get what the man meant, so Killua questions with slight curiosity, "What do you mean?"
          "Why are you using a skateboard?! That's cheating!" the man complains.
          I clear my throat to catch the man's attention.
          "According to the rules, there aren't any rules talking about prohibiting objects like skateboards," I correct the man.
         The man, annoyed at what I said, adds on to his explanation, "But, this is an endurance test!"

          "No, it isn't," calls out a voice from behind. I look behind me to see the spiky green-haired boy running behind us.
          "Gon, what are you saying?!" the man yells to the green-haired boy, his eyes twitching with anger. 
          "The examiner only told us to follow him," the green-haired boy points out.
          "Yeah, that," I say, agreeing to what the boy said.
          "Whose side are you on, eh?!" growls the man. 

          Killua slows down his skating pace and approaches the boy, I also slow down to approach him. 
          "Hey, how old are you?" inquires Killua.
          "I'm twelve years old," the boy replied casually.
          So, we're all the same age... I think inside my head. 
          "Hmm..," I hear Killua mumble thoughtfully. After a few seconds, Killua flips his skateboard, grabs it, and lands on the ground on his feet. He begins to run along like the rest of us.
          "Guess I'll run, too."
          "Uwooooh~!! That was cool!" exclaims the boy in awe. I nod. That simple action was actually so smooth.
          "I'm Killua," Killua introduces himself.
          "I'm Gon," the boy does the same.
          "I'm Y/N," I say cheerfully.

          We run for a moments, when suddenly I hear a thump and see Gon slow down his footsteps. The three of us halt to a stop. I look behind my shoulder to see the man clutching his knees, panting very heavily. Something tells me that I should help, but I don't want to... The man keeps looking down at the floor breathing, then he looks up at us. Killua gets bored by this and tells Gon, "Hey, forget him. Let's get going."
          I nod in agreement. That man might probably be unable to pass this Phase. Gon doesn't move, however. Killua stares at Gon with this dumbfounded face. I just stand there, not knowing if I should move on. We stand there for a while, looking at the man. Just then, he shuts his eyes tight and mumbles something. All of the sudden, he launches forward with extreme speed and I flinch at the unexpected reaction. 
          "I'm gonna become a Hunter!!!" he screeches as he sprints forward.
          He holds out a long yell as he sprints past the three of us with a determined face. I smile brightly, finding some kind of new energy within me. Gon is also smiling radiantly. He takes out his fishing pole and throws the line behind us, hooking the suitcase that the man had dropped. He yanks the fishing pole and the suitcase flings towards us into Gon's arms. 
          Killua and I look at Gon with sparkling eyes. 
          "Cool!!!" we exclaim at the same time.
          We continue to race our way to catch up with the rest.
          "Can I try out the fishing rod later?" I ask Gon.
          "Yeah, same!" Killua chims in.
          "If you let me try out your skateboard and see your drawings, okay?" says Gon with a grin.

~~~