Chapter Six

Marie's Pov
"You know what is a strange word Sangwoo." I hummed gently focusing on the ramen I was making in the pot, hearing Sangwoo was typing away fast on his laptop a few occasional grunts here and there.

"I swear if you say aluminium foil Marie." He muttered followed by a short chuckle. A small snort left me and I moved the chopsticks around much more adding more spices to the broth.

"I was actually gonna say cinnamon, say cinnamon six times." I saw Sangwoo lick his inner cheek before he starting  muttering under his breath in English language.

"God damn it." He muttered after he messed up. I breathed out  a quiet chuckle.

"Told you." I muttered grabbing a bowl once the noodles were done I placed them all in the bowl sliding the bowl towards Sangwoo sitting down next to him, he muttered out a small thank you taking the bowl.

"Are you not eating?" He questioned to me a little.

"Not hungry, haven't been for a few days." I answered propping my hand on my cheek.

"What are you doing?" I nodded my head towards the laptop.

"Looking for new houses, this one messes with my mind too much, too many bad memories." He muttered a little flicking his eyes to me more.

"Houses are expensive." I pointed out hearing him sigh deeply.

"Yeah they are." He grumbled shaking his head a little.

"Don't you like need the house though? Like the basement I mean." I quickly shut up at the thought of how many people possible died down there and it made me shiver. I wish I could have been next instead I keep coming alive.

"I'm not killing anymore. "  I stared at Sangwoo a little in shock playing with the chopsticks I picked up.

"Uh- is that just like a little switch you flip on and off, you know like when you aren't in the mood." A loud laugh escape from him so quick I was fearful he was gonna choke but I flicked my blue eyes to him.

"No it's not just a switch, I just don't find it fun anymore, it use to but nah I wanna change for you, even if you are annoying and keep trying to kill yourself-" I cut him off.

"I haven't done that in a while you ass, no point." I muttered playing with my almost full bracelet I saw Sangwoo take a glance at it and it looked like a lightbulb went off. He then grabbed my wrist clipping one last charm onto it.

I looked at him in confusion staring at the small little diamond.   "What is this one for? I haven't done anything in a while." I questioned tilting my head gazing at it.

"Its the only light one besides the dark one, a new light in the life with you as my girlfriend." I chocked on my spit so fast.

"Since when have we been dating!"

"Since you took me out on the date a couple months ago, we are now boyfriend and girlfriend."

"You are so strange."

___________________________
The university still gives me the most anxiety in the world. I hadn't been back in a while cause I sort just gave up on college online school should be better. Sangwoo had a tight on my hand keeping it laced letting me walk along side him.

"What are we doing here? Didn't you finish all your work?" I questioned tilting my head.

"I gotta get some work from my less favorite professor so I needed you to help keep me calm. " Odd enough it made my heart soft and flutter like mad for no apparent reason.

"You are so cute." I muttered under my breath.

"No I'm not- don't say that then people are gonna start calling me that when I'm hot." A low snort left me and I gave him hand a big squeeze leaning up I kissed his cheek making him stare at me startled.

"You may think you are all big and bad but I know the truth you big softy." His eyes were still round but he then let a soft smile grow across his face before he leaned leaned his head down cupping at my right cheek stroking his thumb over it kissing my lips over and over with gentle pecks.

"You are adorable, and to think that such a sweet girl had the darkest thoughts inside her mind... We both need help so let's take it one foot at a time I'll stop my killing and we can save up money for a new house that isn't a hell hole, if you promise to find your purpose." I frowned a little. That is a little more easier said than actually done when you let the thoughts inside win everyday.

But I knew he was right I wouldn't get anywhere stepping backwards I wiggled my nose a little deeply.

"Alright... It's a deal let's make a promise," I held out my pinky. Of course he just stared but then locked his pinky around my own.

"Alright pinky promise even through they are stupid." He rolled his eyes playfully.

"They aren't stupid, if you break a pinky promise you aren't worth the trust if you break it." I gave him a stern look.

"I promise I won't break it alright baby." He lifted up my pinky kissing it lightly.

"Pinky promise."