Haunt You Every Day

I don’t feel the joy, I don’t feel the pain               

You were just a toy, I am just insane

So alone in love, so alone in love

I am going to haunt you every day

Haunt you every day

I am gonna kill when I need a thrill

Eating at the heart until I’ve had my fill

When will stupid learn?

Fire’s gonna burn

Think of consequences, then you move when it’s your turn

Weezer – Haunt You Every Day

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the look of wilting pity from Christina that sealed the deal.

Geviana had seen that face on so many people that it made her absolutely sick to her stomach. People didn’t seem to realize that every time they gave her that look, she was forcibly reminded of everything she was trying to forget all over again.

Thank you, Christina, for reminding me that I am a failure at love! Geviana wanted to scream.

Instead, Geviana opted for a less hostile and bitter route, “I’ll be leaving now to set up the appointment, then.”

Christina sputtered, nearly choking on her coffee. Geviana’s expression had not changed a bit when Christina had said the last name of her ex-fiancée. There was something really wrong with this girl.

“Are you sure? I mean…with your history…”

“My history,” Geviana began firmly, “has absolutely nothing to do with my profession. I will remodel the Ridgel Towers and update the look as we have been asked to do.”

Wordlessly, Christina handed over the business card of the man who had hired them in the first place. Geviana took the card but didn’t dare look at it. That was something she would have to do on her own.

The tension in the room still crackled with silence and unease until finally, Geviana gave a weak but reassuring smile to Christina.

“I’ll be perfectly fine.” It was a lie. Inside, Geviana could feel herself beginning to panic, but outwardly, no one noticed a thing.

Leaving Christina’s office, Geviana trudged her way back to her office, mind blank. It wasn’t until she reached her office and firmly locked the door that she let out the breath she was holding. Pulling her hair free of the elastic band that kept her messy bun in place, her locks of hair fell in ebony waves down her back. With a frustrated cry, Geviana ran her hands through her hair, giving herself a quick scalp massage to calm the hurricane of emotions going through her.

What am I going to do?

The business card lay face down on her desk. Geviana already knew who it was before she flipped it over.

Christopher Ethan Ridgel

C.E.O of Ridgel Finance

Didn’t he know she worked here?

“How would he? For the first few minutes that I actually talked to him, all we did was have a pity party for me,” Geviana groaned, raking her hands through her hair once more.

“Oh. Pity party? Why was I not invited?” Ashley’s pretty head bobbed in through a crack in the door.

“Because you aren’t ever pitied,” Geviana groaned again, flipping the business card over in her hands.