Chapter 15: Memories

"Normally, I wouldn't condone you hurting yourself like this but this is the only way to find out." You glance, worryingly. 

"Neko, it's just a pinprick. I'll be fine." She leans over as she pecks you on the cheek.

Everyone stares. 

"I guess it's now or never." She brings the pin above her thumb and pushes down; a drop of blood seeps out and stains the marble floor. 

Akeno leans towards you. "What now?"

As she speaks, Koneko's wound seals shut yet the blood does not return. Issei dons a look just as confused as the rest. "That's not supposed to happen, right?"

You lift Koneko's hand and stare at it. "It seems you have been blessed with partial immortality in age only, you can still die from injuries though. Your big strong Neko is here to protect you, so no worrying about that!" You chuckle as your ears perk up.

"Why are you a better boyfriend than me?" Issei remarks as he watches Rias turn away. "Rias! You're supposed to say something!"

Everyone giggles, then the room falls silent once more. As though to break the awkwardness, Asia stutters. "So... w-what happened with your father and why was Az-Azazel there?" Rias let out a glare that could penetrate the soul of anyone in a 50-mile radius. Asia takes a step back, realising what she said; unable to move. 

You inhale and exhale deeply. After not saying a word, you calmly open the door and walk outside and leave. "I just realised what I did. I'm so sorry!" She looks over to Koneko.

"Listen, just drop the topic and wait for me to get back. I'll go follow him." Koneko leaves.

"So... How are you guys today?" Rias asks awkwardly."

*Skip back to you* 

You start sprinting as fast as you can; outside the city, toward the mountains. You zip up the mountainside and enter the small log cabin. You place your hand on the wall. "It's been a while, Avrora-San." You whisper into the empty house. You turn on the TV and lie down on the sofa. You sigh. "Me having PTSD? Of all people me? Impossible." You scoff. Then it hit you like a truck. All the memories. Your brother banging on the door trying to protect you. The weapons shelf. The dungeon. The whips. The chains. The blades. Each memory, Azazel was in the back. He was always there. Never spoke, just silently watched. You double over to the floor, eyes as wide as they can go. 

The door opens. Koneko walks through. "Thought I'd find you here. Wait is everything ok?" She rushes over and holds you. "What's wrong, Neko? Your big strong Kitty is here for you."

--Author's note-- I'm Alive. For now at least. --Author's note--