drunken fall

"What is he doing here?" Bonnie rasped, eyes livid as she held Kai's gaze. He had the nerve to smile, waving even. 

Damon took a deep breath, holding his hands out to signal the room to settle down. Elena was on the edge of her seat, Caroline and Stefan standing together to prepare and snap his neck. Ric looked disappointed and Bonnie was twitching. "Just hear him out, okay?"

"I thought we were done with this. How do we keep letting him back into our circle?" Ric said.

Kai waltzed further into the room, taunting as he passed them towards the bourbon stash. He picked up a crystal-like bottle, containing bronze amber liquid. "I'm sure you'll all be happy once you hear what I have to offer."

"What do you want? Can't you take a hint? There's nothing I want to do with you." Bonnie's voice rose, anger coating her tongue.

Kai sighed, twisting the cap of the bottle. "This has nothing to do with you." The sentence shattered the energy in the room, leaving utter silence and Bonnie took moments to take it in. "I'm backing off. No doesn't mean convince me so you're alone in your square now." He turned to address the room. "I know how to save Elena."

Utter silence, cogs turning in the empty space until Caroline muttered, "How?"

"There is something I want that Lily Salvatore has kept from me. I didn't know the conniving bitch had hidden it within her broken family until now."

"The Heretics?" Ric asked. "They're all dead."

"True, but every witch has a hotspot for their magic energy. For example, Bonnie's is Miss Cuddles--" Kai was saying.

"How do you know about Miss Cuddles?" Caroline cut off.

"--and Jo's the knife. So we just have to find that, summon their floating souls and try to pass them on back to the real world again."

"Sounds dangerous. I don't care. Where does Elena come in?" Stefan crossed his arms, waiting.

"All though Elena is not a witch who has an energy source, a fraction of her soul is roaming within the twins, haunting them. That's why all those nightmares are resurfacing. If we take out that fraction of her soul and channel it as we summon the Heretics, there'll be a short passage for the dead. Just enough to bring back at least three. I get my Heretics, the Boogeyman is gone for the girls, everyone is happy."

"Why can't you just take out the piece of soul from the twins and be done with it?" Caroline questioned.

"A soul needs something to hold onto, it won't let go until you force it out. But in this case, Elena is already dead and she shouldn't have a soul in the first place. So her soul has now accustomed to hanging on no matter what, until it's given a confirmation that it'll have another host thanks to all the process you've put it through with the Crown of Mortem," Kai explained, twirling the bourbon in his cup. He never went for a sip.

"So when you extract the haunting soul of Elena, who are you transferring it to?" Ric asked, tapping his foot.

"I only need one Heretic, I'll transfer it to the odd one out," Kai shrugged.

Bonnie shook her head. "I'm sorry, wait a minute. We cannot trust a word this idiot says. Who knows if he screws us over again for his entertainment? How do we know that bringing him a Heretic is not causing more future problems for us?"

"Aw, come on BonBon. It'll be fun. Testing the world of death, pushing it to new limits?" Kai chuckled and she only crossed her arms.

"Bonnie is right, there's too much of a risk. We can't do this when your wedding is so close." Elena cleared her throat, standing up. Damon, who's been quiet as ever, stood at her side, whispering things to her. Elena shook her head, running a hand through her hair. "No, I don't want to ruin anyone's holiday. I can wait. The wedding cannot."

Damon sighed, glancing at Kai. He shrugged, winking before turning to the door. "When you change your mind, let me know."

Bonnie watched him slam the door behind him, trying to piece together what angle he was trying to aim at. Does he think that leaving will make me run back to him? Bonnie scoffed, shaking her head as she turned back to the glass he left untouched. She smashed it on the floor, the whole room jumping alert. "I don't trust him one bit."

*

The clock on the wedding seemed to tick faster and faster, bringing Bonnie to less than 24 hours of the date. Last-minute, Jo had to select new bridesmaids outfits because she did not expect Elena to be attending. Bonnie did not know why she had to switch up the whole dress style but Caroline seemed to approve.

Bonnie stepped out of the change room in the dark teal long bridesmaid dress. It was simple, the back completely open and the straps very thin. The V cut wasn't all too deep but it was bold enough to show the curves of her cleavage. Her hair wasn't done but Caroline had everything up to schedule. "I can't believe we're still picking these dresses when Jo needs us in 18 hours."

Caroline gasped as she took in her appearance. "It's perfect." Caroline had the identical dress as Bonnie and the color brightened her fair skin beautifully. 

Elena was in the far back, skimming through the other dresses. She matched with the other two and she looked back to normal, not like she had risen from the dead twice. Her eyes widened as she approached the duo. "This is it, we're going with these ones."

Bonnie giggled, touching the fabric. "I don't know...kind of feels itchy." Elena's eyes widened, mentally seeing the journey of staying in the store until the wedding started in 5 minutes, later having to run in fashionably late. Literally. Bonnie cackled, shaking her head. "I'm joking around, I love it. Is there a theme?"

"No, Jo wants it quick and simple. Kind of cliche if you ask me but I can't complain for the bride. Although this color will tie in with the white," Caroline twirled around, raising her dress."

"We should get going," Bonnie reminded. They all bagged their purchases, swinging it over one arm.

"Damon's talking to Ric about his vows. I'm also pretty sure he's kicking his ass for getting married before him but I'm gonna pretend I didn't suspect," Elena giggled, leading the way out the store.

Caroline scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Please, Damon is human. He'd probably die with one drunken fall down the stairs."

"Caroline," Bonnie and Elena gasped at the same time.

"What? I'm just saying what we're all thinking. Big bad Damon is all gone, we have the upper-hand," she shrugged, unlocking the car. 

Bonnie took the back and Elena got into shotgun. "I didn't know you hated him so much," Bonnie said.

Caroline sighed, pulling out and onto the street. "It's just a change, you know? But he acts like everything is normal. Like does he know that sometimes he makes me so angry that I want to feed on him? Like dude, seriously. I'm the one who drinks your blood, I'm the one who can snap your neck like I'm cracking my fingers, you know?"

Bonnie shook her head, tunning out the rant. She glanced out the window, staring at the darkening sky like she was waiting for its fall.

~

"Oooh. Are you here to punish me? 'Cause it's kinda hot."

don't forget to vote ;)