t.w.o

"There's a lot that can go wrong here." The captain stood in front of Hyemi, fixing the wiring system that was used to record everything that happened. She'd protested strongly against it, but the captain wouldn't hear it.

Hyemi knew the risks. They were worse with a microphone strapped to her waist.

"Sir, I don't think—"

"Do you have any other ideas, Detective?" He gave her a sharp look.

"You could trust me."

The captain seemed to mull it over for a moment before giving a nod. Quickly, Hyemi yanked the wires away, tossing them on the counter of the surveillance van. She lifted the earpiece to her ear, making sure the captain understood that that was all she was taking with her.

"If anything goes wrong, I'll find a way to let you know." She climbed out of the van, making her way down the street towards the club.

The club was the only thing anyone could trace to B.A.P. That didn't make finding them any easier, but it was a start.

And Jongup had let it slip last night that they were meeting there. Hyemi had suggested starting here "on a hunch." She wondered if Jongup would make the connection.

The dance floor was full of hot and sweaty bodies bumping against each other. Hyemi had to use brute force just to get to the stairs. The lounge was on the second floor, and although it didn't look like much, it had a few secrets.

She was able to slip past the bartenders, as they were too busy serving drinks to keep an eye on what was happening behind them. The supply closet was full of replacements, of course, but there was a door on the other side that led to a private lounge.

Hyemi knew the second she stepped into that room, nothing would be the same.

This part of her life had been erased for years now, but now all parts of her life were about to collide. The captain was expecting good results from this meeting. Hyemi wasn't too sure he was going to get any.

B.A.P had become one of Seoul's most powerful gangs. But before all of that, they had just been five kids in the system, bouncing from foster home to foster home. They'd met in a home for 'troubled kids.' Hyemi had been there. She'd been their friend.

Until she decided to make something of herself and had joined the police academy. B.A.P had cut the ties between them and her. The closest thing Hyemi had to family had abandoned her.

Except Moon Jongup.

Although there had been a lot of change throughout the past couple of years, Jongup stayed by Hyemi's side. At one point, he'd been a wide-eyed kid, eagerly soaking up whatever the older guys taught him. Before Zelo had come around, he'd been the youngest and most doted on. After Zelo, Hyemi had made it a personal goal to make sure he never felt overlooked. Maybe he felt like he owed her or something. Either way, he was there when she least expected him, sharing updates on how the others were doing.

As soon as Yongguk and Himchan had become old enough, they'd taken the others out of the foster program and began to live on their own. One thing led to another and somehow they'd managed to all but own the streets they walked on.

From what Jongup had let slip, they did just about anything to get what they wanted.

And it worked.

Hyemi stared at the door in front of her. She'd managed to get past security and made it to the private lounge room of the club. Himchan owned it. This was the only place that could be traced back to the guys. And now she was here.