f.i.v.e

Hyemi tried her best to stay busy that night. She felt the anxiety bubbling up in the pit of her stomach and it was making it hard to stay still. She did everything she could think of to keep her mind off of the possibilities of how this encounter would go. When she ran out of things to clean and organize, she simply paced laps around her apartment.

    When her phone rang, it felt like her heart had leapt about as far as she did to reach the cell.

    She didn't even check the caller ID when she answered. "Hello?"

    "Hyemi." It was Daehyun. "I can't do this."

    "What?" The anxiety inside of her reached an all-time high. "No, Daehyun, don't do this."

    "I have to be there. I have to make up for betraying them. I shouldn't have made that deal with you. I'm sorry this is happening." She could hear his breath getting rougher and rougher. Was he running?

    Hyemi grabbed her jacket and keys, making her way to the door. "Where are you? I'll meet up with you."

    "No! Stay where you are. They'd kill me if I let you come along. They may not act like it, but I know they still care about you. You're their family."

    Hyemi was already running down the steps. "We can make a plan. If we get there soon enough, we can warn them." She was definitely going to lose her job over this. And it was completely worth it. "We can stop this, just don't do anything reckless."

    "It can't be stopped." Daehyun's voice was solemn. "I'm sorry it had to be this way. I really am."

    "Daehyun—" But he was gone.

    Hyemi broke into a sprint as soon as she was outside, struggling to scroll through her contacts and call someone. Neither her team nor Jongup would pick up. No matter how many times she called, no one would pick up.

    Had it already happened? Would Daehyun be spared by pure luck?

    Or was the universe just screwing them all over?

    Hyemi took a taxi, trying to call one of them over and over again. She even tried the captain, hoping to stall as much as possible. But to no avail. Nothing she was doing was working.

    When she made it to the old factory building in a rural area outside of the city, there didn't seem to be any sign of life anywhere.

    Maybe no one had come.

    The hopeful thought disappeared when she caught sight of someone exciting the building, melting into the shadows in the opposite direction.

    She scrambled out of the taxi, racing into the building. She wanted to see for herself what exactly had happened. She wanted to see if anyone else had survived. She wanted to help somehow.

    Hyemi had no idea what she expected to see, but it definitely wasn't that.

    Bodies littered the floor, B.A.P and detectives alike. In death, there wasn't much that could separate them. They were all just human beings that had lost their lives in a tragedy that could have been avoided.

    She noticed her team members first. Some would say later that they had died a heroic death, but from where Hyemi was, it just looked like a disaster. Korea didn't deserve their sacrifice.

    Youngjae was to her left from where she stood. Blood surrounded his head like some sort of halo. His eyes were open and hollow. His fingers were still on the trigger of his gun, like he was even prepared to fight after death.