Lies

Elliot's POV
~
I woke up and it was just in time for school. I didn't have enough time to shower so I just threw on what I saw. I moved fast because I wanted to be out of there as fast as possible. I checked to see if mom was sleeping and she was. I grabbed my bag completely forgetting about the big purple bruise under my right eye.
——————————————————-
Elliots POV
At school
-
  I'm standing at my locker getting my books together for first period. I have my head down so no one can see my face. I can't help how angry I am right now I just want to punch something or someone but I can't. I close my locker door and there is liv standing right there. Her face goes from a warm smile to a deep concerned look. She grabs my chin pulling my face towards her she says "El what the hell happened to your face?" I pull out of her grasp I don't know what to say so I have to make up something quick. I say "I fell on the way over here that's all please leave it alone." I didn't mean to talk to her that way but I couldn't help my anger in the moment. I tried to walk away but she pulled my arm back and said "Why are you lying to me and what's with the attitude?" Her sad voice killed me. The bell rang and everyone in the hallway started to head to class. I was about to say something when Olivia's boyfriend came. He walked up to us with his friends and said "What's going on here, Why are you here alone with him?" Olivia snapped back "Because he's my friend and I want to speak with him privately so can you please give us some privacy?" He scoffed and I started to get really pissed. He looked at me and I said "What the fuck are you looking at?" I was never scared to fight anyone. I am joe's son and one thing my father told me is don't let anyone mess with you so I didn't. I let down my guard for Olivia because she's my one and only friend but this asshole is changing everything. Olivia yelled at Jake and said "Jake either you go and we talk later or you can stay here and we will be over. So your choice." Jake did an angry laugh and said "Fine I'm gone." He left and I turned to liv and said "You didn't have to do that." She replied "yea I did, what's wrong Elliot? Please talk to me." Tears build in my eyes and I was ready to tell her last night but now I'm not so sure. I say "Liv I swear I'm fine I just miss my dad you know he's undercover for a while. I really did just fall on my way over here." I lied through my teeth and I don't know why. I could have told her. I can tell she was still iffy about it all but she said "Okay but I'm here always because you were there for me." She put her pinky up and so did I we crossed out pinky's and said "friends for life" in union. We were going to class when I said "Do you want to get out of here you know maybe skip first period.... and the rest of the day?" She looked as though she didn't know what to say so I said "you don't have to I-" she cut me off and said "let's go let's get of here."
—————————————————————-
Olivia's POV
At a beach near Olivia's house
-
We had gone to a beach near my house. We sat on the sand just sitting and watching the waves. A part of me was scared for what Jake would think of this but another part of me just didn't care. I wanted to be with Elliot. I say "So when do you think you'll see your dad again?" Elliots face ran cold and he seemed to be in utter shock. He took a deep breath and said "uh I uh don't know. I never got a definite answer." I took his hand in mine and said "I'm sure it will be soon." I heard him whisper "I hope so." I then asked him "how come I can't come over anymore? We use to hang out at your place all the time studying laughing what's up?" Again he was at a loss for words. He said "My mom has just been really busy these days and she just doesn't want anyone over. She's really stressed about everything. She misses my dad too so you know it's just a lot right now." I nod my head and say "I understand my moms barely home nowadays. It's like she's trying to make herself so busy so that she's never alone with herself. So things get pretty lonely. I miss you a lot." He smiled for the first time all day and said "I miss you all the time but what about Jake don't you ever go over his house?" I stayed silent awhile. I wasn't in love with Jake I barely was in like with him but he is there and like I said it gets lonely. I say "yea but it's not the same. Jakes different you know? He doesn't get me like you do." I nudge him and he says "Well what do you think about me going over to your house today? If your moms okay with it." I smiled so hard and started saying "yes yes yes!!!!!! I'd love that it could be like freshman year when you helped me out when she wasn't feeling too good. So totally." He smiled and I moved closer to him on the sand. We had stayed there until we were ready to go to my house.
——————————————————-
Elliots POV
-
  I made a mistake by telling liv I'd go to her house. Now my mom will be blowing up my phone wondering where I am. I won't cancel on her because she looked so excited and being away from my mother is what I needed even if she'd be mad at me.
——————————————————————
A/N: part 2 coming soon at Olivia's apartment hope you all enjoyed this chapter!!! Follow me on Instagram @benslersince99