Chapter 2 - Location: Unknown

There are many good things to be said about the Phase II Armor. It was strong, sturdy, and grated protection against many a threat.

But you know what it doesn't protect against? Sand. Damn stuff gets everywhere.

Marshal Commander Fox would know since he fought at the First Battle of Geonosis before he became the leader of the Coruscant Guard. And now here he is, walking up an unknown length of a beachhead, waves gently crashing against the shoreline, and having not a Kriffing clue as to where he is currently located.

He places his finger on his helmet communicator, "This is Commander Fox, calling any nearby units. If you can hear me, report in."

The only sound he receives is static.

He tries again. "This is Commander Fox, calling any nearby units. If you can hear me, report in."

Again, only static.

Fox grits his teeth in frustration, "All units, report!"

After being met with silence once again, Fox shakes his head with a sigh, the anger quickly leaving him. "I really didn't need this on top of all the other crap in my life right now." He says to himself tiredly.

He continues his course up the deserted beach, as well as his search for his brothers. His reasons that since he woke up on this beach, then just maybe they did too. Of course, that is if they are here at all.

'No, don't go thinking like that.' Fox tells himself. 'You can't afford to.'

Luckily for Commander Fox, he wouldn't have to, for he is shaken from his thoughts when he hears a growling sound from a nearby brush. The clone draws his dual DC-17 hand blasters with the quick reflexes only born from years of training.

But instead of an unknown, possibly dangerous alien creature, a familiar reptilian form stepped through the bushes, a small critter trapped between its jaws.

Fox lowers his weapons with a relieved sigh, "Oh it's just you, Grizzer. Found a snack, did you?"

The Massiff makes a soft growling noise in response, swallowing its food with a single gulp.

Fox kneels next to the large reptile, petting its rough scaly hide. "If you are here, that means the others are as well. Mind helping me find them, boy?"

Grizzer grunts, quickly putting his sensitive nose to work. Soon enough, he picks up a scent, and judging by the excitement he is showing, it is Sergeant Hound's scent.

"Lead the way then," Fox tells the Massiff, swiftly following behind the reptilian bloodhound as it follows the trail.

It didn't take them long before Fox spotted a figure lying face down in the wet sand ahead of them, the distinct armor pattern and ARF Trooper helmet identifying the figure as Sergeant Hound.

Grizzer stops next to his friend and nudges his shoulder, trying to rouse him awake.

Fox pulls the trooper's helmet off, then lightly shakes him. "Come on, soldier, wake up."

Sergeant Hound groans as he wakes up, coughing up salt water from his lungs as he does so.

Fox offers his hand to the ARF Trooper. "On your feet, Hound."

Hound grabs Fox's hand, letting the Commander help pull him to his feet. "Thanks, Commander."

Grizzer rubs his head against Hound, the Massiff making a soft cooing sound.

"Hey, Grizzer." Greets Hound, petting the Massiff's head affectionally. "Good to see you too, pal."

Fox hands Hound his helmet back.