Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

They all woke the next morning to someone banging on the clubhouse door and yelling. Richie sat up groggily and shoved on his glasses wondering who would know about the clubhouse besides them. The others looked confused as well and looked to one another wondering.

"HEY! OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!!!" uh oh. Richie knew the sound of that voice. Too well. He shushed the others and tried to communicate with his eyes how serious and bad this was. He mouthed "Bowers" to them. Everyone understood with careful watch on the door. No one said a word.

"LOOK YOU LITTLE BITCHES I KNOW YOU'RE DOWN THERE. IF YOU DON"T COME OUT RIGHT NOW I'LL COME DOWN THERE MYSELF!" Bowers yelled. He banged on the door once more. Beverly stood up. She whispered to them.

"I'm going up there. I'll tell him no one else is here. I KNOW I can get past him and make him go away," everyone shook their heads furiously no.

"NO! NO WAY CAN YOU GO! What if... if he hurts you?" Ben whisper shouted as he walked up to her.

"I will be fine. But obviously, Richie and Eddie can't go since they're together and Bowers hates that. Ben you've already had encounters with him before. I'll just do it," Bev started to go to the door but Ben grabbed her arm.

"I'll come anyways. I couldn't live with myself if you got hurt and..." Ben didn't finish that thought.

"We'll come too! It doesn't matter what he thinks. I'm going, so is Eddie and the rest," Richie said as he and Eddie stood up and went over to Bev too. The others followed. So they opened the door bravely, prepared for the worst. But there was no Bowers there. There was a letter though and footprints leading to and from the door. Everyone looked super confused except for Ben, who smiled a bit. Bev was the first to get out and grabbed the letter. It was addressed to her. She waved the others away so they went back down into the clubhouse to discuss what just happened.

Bev tore open the envelope and unfolded the letter carefully. It was in small, untidy handwriting that looked strangely familiar but she couldn't figure out why.

Beverly,

To start, there was no Bowers here. It was a prank to get you to come and get the letter because I knew you would volunteer to fight him first. Now that that's cleared up, I need to tell you something that has been on my mind for a while and is something I've wanted to tell you for at least 2 years. I think you're so beautiful. I love your hair and pretty eyes. You're basically perfect to me. You are SO brave and kind. You are always there for your friends and understand me more than anyone ever could. I think you're amazing and you make me so happy to be around. I want to tell you...... that I like you a lot. I've liked you since we first met when we were 13 and fighting Pennywise. I was upset when I saw how much you liked Bill but now I don't know that you do because you don't look at him that way anymore. You look like best friends and that's all. I want to ask you this: Will you date me? I would love to go out with you and be your boyfriend. I'm okay if you say no and will still be friends with you. I also hope that if you say yes, we can still be friends if we ever break up which I hope we don't. Thank you for reading this.

Love, Ben

Bev finished reading it and teared up a bit because of how sweet it was. She had never felt more loved and respected. She knew her answer right after she had read the first few sentences. So she flew down the stairs and into Ben's arms who pulled her right in. She was crying now with happy tears flowing down her face.

"Yes," was all she said.

"What the HELL is happening?" Richie said with a laugh. The others laughed right along because they were just as confused as he was.

"Thank you Ben. Thank you so much." Bev sniffed. Ben looked at Bev with a smile and said "You deserved it. Everything I said was true." Bev was finally realizing just how cute Ben was. He had grown into his looks and had lost some of those extra pounds as he grew taller. Not that he was better without them. He would have been cute either way. His eyes were so pretty and his hair was the perfect length and color. Bev was so happy. She didn't even know until last night that she might have had feelings for him.

"Hellooooo! We're still here! Tell us what's going on please?" Eddie waved.

"Umm... so Bowers was never here. Ben pranked us and had someone pretend to be him and left a letter for me." Bev showed them the letter. She let them read it for themselves.

"Dang Ben I didn't know you had it in you!" Mike laughed.

"Wow who knew Ben was such a romantic?!" Eddie said jokingly.

"C-congrats on this Ben!" Bill stuttered.

"Pay up!" Richie turned to Eddie.

"What??" Stanley said. None of them knew that they made a bet on Ben and Bev obviously.

"Aww damn it. FINE! You were right." Eddie handed over 10 bucks reluctantly.

"You see, Ed's and I made a bet on Ben and Bev and when they would get together. I said give it until Wednesday and Eddie said give it a week. I won! Eddie we didn't even have to convince them!" Richie said.