02. Meet Cabin Eleven

     ALIYAH spent the next half hour after leaving the infirmary having a breakdown. Well, kind of. She was calm for a few minutes, then Lee walked in and asked if she had heard about the new kid Grover had taken to camp. Aliyah preceded to tell Lee everything. Now, she was on her way to the Big House as apparently, Chiron was waiting for her. When she arrived she found Chiron on the porch with Mr. D and Grover.

"Chiron, Mr. D." Aliyah greeted.

"Allison," Mr. D didn't look up when greeting her. Chiron sighed, nothing something they didn't in the distance.

"Mr. Brunner!" Aliyah turned towards the voice and saw Grover and the boy, Percy, coming towards them.

"Ah, good, Percy," Chiron said. "Now we have four for pinochle." He offered him a chair next to Mr. D who look up at him with bloodshot eyes and sighed.

"Oh, I suppose I must say it. Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. There. Now, don't expect me to be glad to see you."

"Uh, thanks." He scooted away from Mr. D, and Aliyah didn't blame him. If she hadn't known him for so long, she probably would have too.

"Aliyah? Chiron said. "This young lady nursed you back to health, Percy, I believe you've met. Aliyah, my dear, why don't you go check on Percy's bunk. We'll be putting him in cabin eleven for now."

"Sure, Chiron." Aliyah turned to Percy. She noticed that she was a bit taller than him, but not by a lot. She glanced at the Minotaur horn in his hand, then back at him. She grimaced, remembering the amount of time she had to wipe droll off his face.

"You drool when you sleep." She then sprinted towards the Hermes cabin. While Luke was one of her closest friends, she dreaded going to his cabin. It always smelled off and she had been pickpocketed more times than she could count. It wasn't their fault, really. Their cabin was overflowing with campers and Hermes is the god of thieves. Her nose scrunched up as she neared the cabin.

"Luke is busy." Someone called out before she could make it to the door.

"Give me a book then!" Aliyah called back, easily catching the book that was tossed out to her. She chuckled when she saw the book was about thievery. She only sat on the deck reading for a few minutes before she noticed Chiron and Percy coming towards cabin eleven and she stood. She scanned Percy by habit. When meeting someone new, it was instinct to observe the way the person moved and their body language.

"Aliyah," Chiron started. "I have masters' archery class at noon. Would you take Percy from here?"

"Yes, sir."

"Cabin eleven," Chiron told Percy, gesturing to the doorway. "Make yourself at home."

Chiron didn't enter the cabin but when the campers saw him, they stood and bowed respectively.