Chapter 5 ~ A Failed Attempt

Amajikis POV

I was still thinking about today's events... how L/N actually walked up to me and asked if I was alright.

My heart fluttered just thinking about it.

'No time for that' I thought 'I have to study.

~timeskip~

Hours passed, and It's already nighttime.
They really didn't go easy on us with that homework, it really tired me out.

My stomach grumbled. The last time I ate was at school, and it was just a small bento box.

Making my way down to the kitchen, i passed by my mom who was looking trough some old boxes.

"My... Tamaki, dear, look what I found."
My mother said, looking both happy and mischievous at the same time.

I forgot about my cup noodles for a moment, turning around to see an old cassette tape in my mother's hand.

"A... cassette tape?"

She smiled devilishly as i shoveled the noodles in my face. How was j so hungry?

"Ohoho, not just ANY cassette tape. This is the cassette tape of your wedding!"

I began choking on the noodles, spitting half o them out.

"WHAT?!" I shrieked.

What wedding? What was... wait.

The messily scribbled date on that cassette tape indicated that...

"Ten years ago... Y/N?"

My mother nodded knowingly.

"I can't believe you still remember getting "married"... Let's watch it!"

"Ah! N-no!"

But before I could stop my mother, she already grabbed some popcorn and called my dad over, as well as me.

The cassette began playing, and i couldn't help but smile troughout the whole recording.

The withered flower crown, the curtain-veil, the turtle pope, the rose...

It all seemed so funny now.

I remembered it differently though.

And her words echoed in my head, as i remembered that day:
"We'll be together, forever and ever and ever!"

8:30.

Oh crap, I'm going to be late!

"U-uh- mom i really have to go now, i have to study!"

Never have i ever sprinted so fast.

Throwing on the first clothes i laid my hands onto and crawling out the window at top speed wasn't the problem.

Being caught was.

With the rose and letter in hand, I began to run before the clock rang 9.

Y/N POV

My desire to find out who the mystery admirer was has never been so strong.

I had to find out!

It's been killing me for the past how long, i just wanted to know.

Even now, there was no way to pin point anyone as the lead suspect. No actual concrete evidence.

Maybe... If i opened the curtains fast enough I'd see them?

Time seemed to slow down on purpose, and it was getting harder to breathe. All my efforts would have been waisted if his quirk was maybe invisibility or something like that.

Every atom inside of me just hoped it would work.

My world seemed like a blur, and i was just a floating blob mass, under the constant pressure of my surroundings.

Oh God, what was i thinking?

8:58

Well time to find out.

8:59

I got prepared to open the curtains

8:59:37

Any second now...

9:00

THUD.

I quickly drew the curtains, but didn't see anyone there,

just a beautiful red rose.

...

Crap.