Chapter one (ruperts pov)

I woke up on a rainy day without Amir by my side. I know What you're thinking, "Rupert you shouldn't worry he does this all the time to make sure everything is perfect because he micromanages every little thing." But something was off, his side of the bed was cold. Like nobody has been there in hours. I thought "where could he be?" I frown getting up slipping on my slippers. "Hey Porridge!" I greet my dragon, he's still really small for his age, sure he's just a baby but still a bit small. Only a bit bigger than Fitzroy. "Amir? Amir!!" I call looking for my husband frowning unable to find him. "God" I think "where could he be?." I search most of the castle before I run into Joan. "Your highness" she says "Amir wanted me to tell you that he want to go see his mother earlier this morning. As you may know she's fallen ill this passed week and wanted to make sure she's ok. You were still sleeping by the time he left and didn't want to wake you up. He did leave you a wonderfully written note at the breakfast table. I don't know why he didn't leave it where you could find it but he wanted me to tell you that."

"Ok.. but is anyone with him? Are their Knights going with him? Did he bring extra food? Did he take a safe route? Will he be home soon-" I blab in wanting to make sure Amir was being safe and not being an idiot because he really enjoys jumping into adventures without thinking about them all the way through. "Yes, yes he made sure to bring everything he may need and more. Percy and two other knights are accompanying him he will be home in 3-5 days I promise" Joan says. I nod making my way to the dining room rubbing my eyes. "Well this morning has been eventful.." I think seeing my son Wenceslas (whom me and Amir adopted three whole months ago. Holy crap it's already been 3 months sense we've been married- crap in blabbing sorry!) . "Hey kiddo!" I say patting his head. "Morning pa.. where's dad?" he asks mumbling rubbing his eyes. "To check on grandma- FITZROY COME BACK HERE YOURE NOT SUPPOSED TO STEAL PANCAKES FROM THE KITCHEN! Bad boy Fitzroy." I go to answer Wenceslas but then get sidetracked at my dot running full speed from the kitchen mouth full of pancakes. I sit my son howl at the table and get up to see if they need help making more pancakes because I'd assume Fitzroy took most of them.

               When I get into the kitchen I see that they probably do need help so I start making pancakes. (One of the princely duties that I did actually learn from my mom was to cook three specific things. Pancakes, mashed potatoes and this really nice salad thing, oh! And sandwiches and a lot of other salads- I'm getting ahead of myself I can cook a couple of things because I'm learning when you're classified as an "adult" you never really stop learning things. Anyways- sorry I talk alotttt) I mess up the first pancake but the first one never comes out right but I'll still eat it because it doesn't taste any different and it's kinda cool how it turned out I'm not gonna lie here, it reminds me ok something Amir would sketch, I can't believe he didn't wake me up to say goodbye.. I really would have liked a kiss before he left. I flip more pancakes with the royal cooks and make entirely too many. (What can I sayyy making pancakes is really fun you should tru it sometime if you've never made them before- holy crap I just realized that I could ride Porridge when he's big enough like we could literally fly anywhere just imagine- Off topic sorry god once again with the mumbling sorry anyways)