Holding On

{YOUR POV}

The ringing in my ears became silenced as I heard those words. Everything changed within a second, becoming calm and warm. The pain slipped away as I slowly placed my hand on my stomach.

A baby.

I'm going to have a baby.

"What?" Seth whispered, his eyes focused on Carlisle.

I look up at Seth, his hand frozen in mine in shock. My eyes soften at his tears, knowing that they weren't a single emotion, but many at once.

"She's pregnant Seth, you're going to be a father." Carlisle smiled.

Seth's head slowly tilted downwards, his eyes connecting with mine. I could feel fresh, clean tears pricking my eyes. I smiles tightly, unsure of how he feels. But the moment the soft chuckle and smile escapes him, I knew.

"We're going to be parents." He whispered, moving his head down to mine and kissing me softly.

He pulls back, a wide smile on his lips as he rests his forehead on mine. I smile up at him, lifting my left hand and cupping his cheek. I gently brushed my thumb against his cheekbones, closing my eyes.

"But, I'm afraid this also complicates things." Carlisle interrupted.

Seth pulls away, looking at him with worry on his face.

"What's going to happen?" Seth asks softly.

My eyes dart passed Seth and Carlisle, meeting the golden eyes of my best friend. I smile and nod at her, and she returned it, knowing what I ment.

"I'm afraid that we can't give you anything to help with the pain YN, withou risking your baby's health. And since the child will be half wolf, we can't be sure what will affect the child. The only thing I can offer would be a place at my home so that I would be able to treat you, and make sure that your keeping your blood inside of you." Carlisle explains, looking at me and Seth.

I swallow thickly, glancing at Seth before looking at my sister. Her eyes, blood red, so unlike her, and the rage she had. I didn't, she wasn't the same.

"I'll have to be stuck up with tubes, won't I?" I reply slowly, looking up at him with sorrow in my eyes.

And the sympathetic look in his eyes said it all. The days in the hospital weren't going to be my last days with tubes in my arms. But, for my baby, my baby.

"I'll do it." I whisper.

Seth looks down at me, a shimmer of hope and happiness in his eyes. Hiding behind the worry.

"Are you-"

"I have to Seth. I don't know if I'll live through to the end, but if I can live long enough to see them for the first time. That's enough for me." I said as I looked up at him.

"Understood. But perhaps you should find a way to see your father, and explain a reason why you won't be home any longer. Since he doesn't know of your marriage of course."

I sigh and slowly try to sit up, pushing the hands that tried to push me down.

"I'll figure something out, but Seth can stay with me right?"

Carlisle smiles and nodded. "Of course."

And so the very, very, very painful journey of staying alive and keeping my baby safe began.

But it was longer and harder than I thought it was going to be.

|ONE MOTH TIME SKIP|

I felt like my eyes couldn't grow bigger bags than they had now. And they couldn't possibly get any more blood shot.